Sign in with
Your question

Is 60c a safe temperature while gaming or too high?

Last response: in Components
August 19, 2012 1:51:46 AM

While Idle my graphics temperature is about 45-50c and my cores are at around 20-25c.
But during gaming I was playing blacklight, my graphics temperature went up to about 60-65c while my cores temperatures went up to about 50-55.

Are these safe temperatures that they rise up to or should I be concerned? If so what could I do to lower them if it is necessary?

Thanks!
a b 4 Gaming
August 19, 2012 2:07:29 AM

I guess I should ask which CPU as well, but it really doesn't matter. Those temps are just fine for both the GPU and CPU (either AMD or Intel).
m
l
August 19, 2012 9:52:53 AM

Are you on stock cooling on the cpu?
you could improve temps by adding an aftermarket Cpu cooler to start with, and assess your casefans as well, are your cables all tidy and not blocking airflow?
Moto
m
l
August 19, 2012 11:01:50 AM

bingaloman said:
While Idle my graphics temperature is about 45-50c and my cores are at around 20-25c.
But during gaming I was playing blacklight, my graphics temperature went up to about 60-65c while my cores temperatures went up to about 50-55.

Are these safe temperatures that they rise up to or should I be concerned? If so what could I do to lower them if it is necessary?

Thanks!

Perfectly fine.
m
l
!