Sign in with
Your question

Good mouse with strong inner wireing

Last response: in Components
August 19, 2012 2:31:57 AM

Does anyone know the name of a good mouse brand? I'm using a logitech (not sure of the model) but its a wired usb one. Lately i've been getting random freezes while I move it. It moves again after a second and after searching online I found logitech has flimsy wiring in their mouses. I don't wanna use a wireless mouse. Can anyone reccommend a good brand?
August 19, 2012 2:55:06 AM

I seriously doubt that the freezes you're seeing are due to flimsy wiring within the mouse. More likely, it's a hardware or software compatibility issue. It can be very difficult to narrow down.

The first thing I'd do, is to get stock of all programs running at startup, and eliminate all but the necessary ones, and see if that helps.
m
l
August 19, 2012 3:01:28 AM

I'd check to make sure all your drivers are installed. But really, Logitech makes damn good mouses. The G9x is the best rated mouse on Newegg, so I'd give that a try. Other than that, I love my Cooler Master CM Storm Sentinel II. You could try that!
m
l
Related resources
August 19, 2012 3:03:42 AM

Pretty much, just check that all your drivers are installed and uptated.
m
l
August 19, 2012 5:55:11 AM

no its the mouse itself. I've tried bending the cord while moving and almost right away I get the freeze up. I've also already tried basically everything else. Checked for updated drivers tried connecting the mouse to every other usb port system restores tried using other devices in the usb ports and never had any issues etc..
m
l
August 19, 2012 6:23:08 AM

Ahh. You should have said this in the first place. Twenty lashes with a wet noodle for you.
m
l
August 19, 2012 6:25:23 AM

animematic said:
no its the mouse itself. I've tried bending the cord while moving and almost right away I get the freeze up. I've also already tried basically everything else. Checked for updated drivers tried connecting the mouse to every other usb port system restores tried using other devices in the usb ports and never had any issues etc..

Well, in that case, why don't you look for Razer Gaming Mice?? I've been using them for a while and had no problems so far.
m
l
August 20, 2012 12:58:30 AM

mfms94 said:
Well, in that case, why don't you look for Razer Gaming Mice?? I've been using them for a while and had no problems so far.

/RANT/ Razer mouses are too hyped up. They make good MMO mouses but they are so damn expensive. The deathadder is decent but it lacks the features that good peripheral companies like Logitech and Cooler Master have. Logitech has form factor and software while CM has decent software and great features. Not to mention that OP is looking for a durable mouse, something that Razer just doesnt seem to understand /RANT/
m
l
August 20, 2012 3:16:19 AM

I've had a similar problem with headphones - after a while, the sound was broken unless I bent the cord a certain way. I got new models of the same kind and it works well. You may just need a new mouse - I'm happy with a simple Microsoft mouse I got years ago.
m
l
!