Is 2 Fans In 3 Fans Outs OK?

ihave400houses

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012
Hi all, i have HAF X, atm i have 1 X 230mm in at front, 1 X 200mm in at side, 1 X 200mm out at top, and 1 X 140mm out at back of the case.

I have room for 1 more fan at the top (200mm) as out flow. Will this balance be ok?

It's hard to tell what rpm each fan is doing as they are not all connected directly to the mobo so i cant get a reading on each in the bios.

Thanks

Uther39

Distinguished

Its always best to have more intakes than exhausts, but to have all intakes fitted with dust filters, this creates positive case pressure and prevents dust dirt ingress to your system in my 12 years of build experience ive always found this to work best.

davec80

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012

I would either leave it alone or add another input fan. You don't want balanced airflow, you want positive pressure inside the case. That means more airflow IN than OUT. I believe you forgot to consider that the power supply is an exhaust fan. So right now, you either have (best guess) balanced airflow, or a slight vacuum.

If it was my case, I'd solve the problem by disconnecting the 200mm top fan. It's not needed.