Upgrading from 3650 to 6600

Hi Folks,

I have a 3650 right now and planning to buy a new 6600.
Is there any easy way to migrate all my contacts, apps, SMS box to the
new phone? Or should I go through the PC Suite way, which honestly is
not working well with my laptop and phone combination.

Thanks,
Nithin

-----------------
www.nitboss.com
2 answers Last reply
More about upgrading 3650 6600

    Nithin Bose wrote:
    > I have a 3650 right now and planning to buy a new 6600.
    > Is there any easy way to migrate all my contacts, apps, SMS box to the
    > new phone?

    In my experience the easiest way to transfer calendar, contacts and tasks to
    a new device is to sync them with using the PC Suite and for example MS
    Outlook.

    You cannot directly transfer installed apps, because they need to be
    installed to the new device. So will you need the original Java or Symbian
    installation package.

    --
    Tero Lehto
    http://lehto.net/tero/

    nitboss@nitboss.com (Nithin Bose) wrote in message news:<3dfad85f.0405070705.6d3682b6@posting.google.com>...
    > Hi Folks,
    >
    > I have a 3650 right now and planning to buy a new 6600.
    > Is there any easy way to migrate all my contacts, apps, SMS box to the
    > new phone? Or should I go through the PC Suite way, which honestly is
    > not working well with my laptop and phone combination.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Nithin
    >
    > -----------------
    > www.nitboss.com

    Hello.

    As far as I know there is no software allowing you to transfer Apps
    and SMS messages. Contacts probably can be transferred with Nokia PC
    Suite, but we never make it to do this. If you can't transfer contact
    with PCSuite, our Oxygen Phone Manager II will do this for sure.

    With best regards. Oleg Fyodorov.
    Oxygen Software - tools for your Nokia.
    Oxygen Phone Manager II - all you want from your Nokia.
    support@oxygensoftware.com
    http://www.oxygensoftware.com
    http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk

Nokia Phones