Keyboards made of light

Darkchyld

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
Been watching this for awhile. Anyone had any experanice with it? I guess my question is would it work good for my desktop as a general purpose KB? Some gaming and of course skool and work.
Link
DC

SciFiMan

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2006
It could work well for temp stuff like an instant keyboard for a handheld, or very occasional typing. I doubt I would use one though. As an author I like the tactile feel of hitting the keys as opposed to fingers on a flat desk. If nothing was there it would break my concentration while I was trying to keep up with what my characters are saying.

Sort of the same for online shooters or other gaming. The traditional bumps, ridges, edges or keys let my fingers know where I am and where the other keys are. That isn't there for a virtual so I would always be looking down at the desk to make sure I was in the right place. I haven't used one but that's my impression.

monkey_knife_fight

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
Pretty cool, but for gaming? I wouldn't want to use it... I think drumming my fingers on my desk while playing Fear would be kinda strange. I think it could be useful for portable devices though.