Monitor keeps changing resolution

Janktrio

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
Hey guys, I have this really weird problem with my monitor and I need some help fixing it. Basically, everytime I play a game in fullscreen my monitor changes the resolution to 1280x1024, no matter what the game's resolution is. This ends up giving me these really annoying black lines on the top and bottom of my screen since I normally play in 1280x720 resolution. My monitor's native resolution is 1920x1080. My monitor is an LG Flatron W2253V monitor and I have a Radeon HD 5450 graphics card. I never had this problem until about last week and I've had this computer and monitor for over a year now. Any help would be appreciated.

Got into CCC (Catalynst Control Panel)-> My Digital Flat Panel-> Properties ->

"Enable GPU Scaling"

*Make sure you have chosen 1920x1080 (your max resolution as well), and "maintain aspect ratio" in CCC. Your options here should end up being greyed out.

???
This causes the graphics card to ONLY send out a resolution of 1920x1080 to the monitor. Any game resolution, such as 1280x720, is simply scaled to 1920x1080 prior to leaving the graphics card.

This also avoids the problem of your MONITOR being set to STRETCH your content accidentally.

Janktrio

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
I'm having some trouble finding the "My Digital Flat Panel" tab. All I have is a tab labelled "Graphics", and under that tab the only options are "welcome", "information center", "desktops and displays", and "desktop properties". I checked all these tab but none have a "Digital Flat Panel" option or "Enable GPU scaling" option. I'm not sure what to do now.

TRENDING THREADS