What do i need to upgrade this pc?

Jager_bombs

Honorable
May 4, 2012
Hey everyone, I have a computer here that is, i'm sure out of date on alot of components and I would like to upgrade it so that i can play games on it. I would like to be able to spend as least as possable but, I would also like to know if something is worth spending a few bucks more on. Here is what the computer has installed:

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+ 2.00GHz
Ram: 512MB
System: windows 7 64bit
Display adapters(i'm assuming the graphics card): ATI Radeon Xpress 200 series
80gb hard drive and a 160gb that i believe is either bad or going to go bad soon(when i went to install windows 7 onto it, there was an error saying something about it might fail or something like that)

Sorry if I didn't provide enough information about anything, I am not all that familiar with computers and their hardware.

Jager_bombs

Honorable
May 4, 2012
Yeah, i kinda figured that I had to revamp the whole pc but, i had to be sure if anything in it was ok for the moment atleast. As for my budget, Its probably in the $200-$500 range. I presently don't have much extra cash to invest so, I will probably be buying a piece at a time. So, if you could, in addition to listing the parts, give me some advice on what order i should purchase and install them, it'd be helpful! Thank you!

My advice would be to wait until you have a good budget to lay down a new system all in one shot rather than buy piece by piece. Ideally, you'll want at least 700 set aside for a respectable gaming system. 600 can be workable, but 700 is a better sweet spot.

At your present budget range, 200-500, that could easily be eaten up just by a powerful graphics card.

Jager_bombs

Honorable
May 4, 2012
I have all the accessories, monitor, keyboard, mouse and I have a wireless card, all from that computer. Presently I'll just be using my tv for a monitor. I understand that it's Ideal to wait till I have a bigger budget and to wait till i can purchase all the parts but, would it be at all harmful to upgrade it piece by piece? The game that I'm presently wanting to play is Diablo 3 but, there are other games out there that I'd like to play as well, such as guildwars 2, and maybe some mmofps games. So, a variety of games.