cains

Honorable
Aug 19, 2012
Hi

Im having problems with my ASUS U32U.
Win 7 64Bit
Upgraded to 8GB Ram
Upgraded to 120GB Intel SSD 500 series
All drivers are updated via Asus website to the newest. Bios included.

When i browse (no matter if its Google Chrome or Internet Explore) cpu usage goes up to 100% and it will take a while to open the site..
Fx. microsoft.com
It takes me 7,6sec to open that site. On the computer next to me, on the same network it takes 4,2sec. The other computers cpu usage goes up to 13% just for a second..

And yes i know its not the same computer and same hardware, so there can be some small differencies.

If i open more than one tab it stalls for a few seconds.

Hope some one out there has some good ideas to what it is..

Best Regards

Carsten

cains

Honorable
Aug 19, 2012
I mostly notice it in browsers since it taking so damn long loading a page.

I have office on it and some pdf files. Only thing im using it for besides browsing. So havent seen it on others.

G

HI Carsten,

I bought the asus u32u of 4gb this week for my girl and i was quite scared when i tried it. It was so damn slow!!!!

I have an i5 processer on my laptop and the difference for the amd e-450 was really huge.

After a lot of thinking and unninstall the asus "***" that comes installed, i just install firefox, i did a complete defragmentation with O&O software on the windows hard drive and installed the windows updates (it was 2 hours installing updates).

then, at the end i just ran the CCCLEANER and voilá, it seems a new processor!

so much faster than at the beguinning and the processor does not go so often to 100 %

i hope this can helps

cheers
Helio

cains

Honorable
Aug 19, 2012
Hi

Been busy with work last few days.. So havent had time to look more into this..

But the description below just fit my self.. I have an 18" i5 laptop using at home.. The 13" is for my studies... Im seriusly thinking about selling it, but just dont want to use that much on a new 13" with i3 or i5 cpu..

I removed the preinstalled asus crap my self..

Is it win7 64bit you are running ??

Im thinking of trying a xp to see if its runs better.. Luckily im not going to use the laptop seriusly until mid september. But hope to get it running..

@mohdasimsay - It was on 100mBit fiber network. So most likely software. But tried chrome, firefox and explore. Same on all 3... Reinstall windows is most likely the next move..

/ Carsten

HI Carsten,

I bought the asus u32u of 4gb this week for my girl and i was quite scared when i tried it. It was so damn slow!!!!

I have an i5 processer on my laptop and the difference for the amd e-450 was really huge.

After a lot of thinking and unninstall the asus "***" that comes installed, i just install firefox, i did a complete defragmentation with O&O software on the windows hard drive and installed the windows updates (it was 2 hours installing updates).

then, at the end i just ran the CCCLEANER and voilá, it seems a new processor!

so much faster than at the beguinning and the processor does not go so often to 100 %

i hope this can helps

cheers
Helio

G

I think the answer is elsewhere: I have this computer running under lastest ubuntu distro and it is so slow... specially on firefox ! I truely don't understand why.