Sign in with
Your question

Running into Installshield problems

Last response: in Systems
May 5, 2012 1:36:41 AM

I'm sorry if this is the wrong Forum. So I started runing into problems installing programs on my PC. Installs will sit at 0% for 20-30 minutes. I really don't know what the problem is. Everything was installing fine before.
a b B Homebuilt system
May 5, 2012 5:13:01 AM

most likely its a problem with the software in your computer, not any of the equipment. an easy way to tell is to boot from a LiveCD like Ubuntu or Fedora. you can even install a small app while the liveCD is running to see it installing a program works okay.

Once you've verified your equipment is functioning normally its time for a fresh install of your operating system so remember to backup your data first :) 
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
May 5, 2012 5:26:11 AM

go to another pc and download malware buytes and if you dont have an anti virus software load one and run a scan in safe mode. you can also get free scans from the big makers..nortons/mcafee/microsoft.
m
l
May 6, 2012 11:15:34 PM

nhasian said:
most likely its a problem with the software in your computer, not any of the equipment. an easy way to tell is to boot from a LiveCD like Ubuntu or Fedora. you can even install a small app while the liveCD is running to see it installing a program works okay.

Once you've verified your equipment is functioning normally its time for a fresh install of your operating system so remember to backup your data first :) 

I'll probably just end up doing that then in a couple of weeks when school ends. Bummer than I have to deal with backing everything up.
m
l
!