Cannot Figure Out Why Computer Keeps Crashing. Please Help!

PopeSquad

Honorable
Aug 19, 2012
I recently built a custom gaming computer in anticipation for Guild Wars 2. This is my first time building a gaming computer (I have used prebuilt computers before and replaced components), so I am no expert on this.
Here are specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
Processor: AMD FX-6200 (6 core 3.8GHz)
RAM: 4GB (2x2GB) Kingston Hyper X 240pin 1600
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 7770
Power Supply: CoolerMaster GX 650watt

After building the PC and installing programs ect I tried to play some games. The games would load up just fine, but after playing the game for a short time, the game would hit a very hard lag spike, usually lasting 5-20 seconds where the game would stop and sometimes cut to the desktop before either resuming the game or crashing.

I have already run some tests to try and find out what the problem is and I've found that my RAM is functioning (memtest86) and that my CPU and GPU temps are okay (~50C under load).

Thanks!

PopeSquad

Honorable
Aug 19, 2012
Changed the Vsync settings and still no different. The crash/lag seems to happen (not always this way) at the same time some in-game event happens such as large groups of Npcs spawning ect.

PopeSquad

Honorable
Aug 19, 2012
Guild Wars 2 comes out next week, so it is brand new. I have been testing my computer on games such as Killing Floor, ARMA 2, League of Legends, Minecraft, and Skyrim.

Also, I just uninstalled and reinstalled the Catalyst Control Centre. I still crash in game