Solved

Screen shuts off after windows 7 logo then turns back on.

Hello, all.

I've seem to be having a problem with my computer monitor. It is a Acer 23'inch 1080p monitor for a computer that I recently built. After the windows 7 logo screen, my monitor receives a "No signal" sign and pretty much stays off for a few minutes and then turns back on with everything running back to normal. What seems to be the problem? How can I fix it? I am using a HDMI/VGA cable connector which connects from my monitor to my GPU which is the GTX 580 SC.
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about screen shuts windows logo turns back
  1. If you're using a HDMI to VGA adapter that is your problem.

HDMI to vga just changes the cable, it does NOT change the signal from digital to analogu.

A digital to analog converter is very expensive.
  2. Are you sure? Because I've had this cable for quite a while now and it didn't seem to be having problems until now. If that so, can switching to a HDMI cable solve it?
  3. ComputerBuilder said:
    Are you sure? Because I've had this cable for quite a while now and it didn't seem to be having problems until now. If that so, can switching to a HDMI cable solve it?

A solid HDMI or VGA cable should solve the issue. I do not understand how this configuration was working before. Good luck.
  4. Press "F8" Whent start Window 7
    Choose " Enable Low Resolution Video "

if it work on low resolution... try to change the resolution now... see what's going on..

By the way... did it ok in safe mode..
  5. Actually guys, I hope I'm not too late but I have to make a quick correction. The cable is not a VGA cable, it's a HDMI/DVI. Sorry! But yeah though, so by switching to a full DVI or HDMI cable, it will solve the problem then?
  6. First, try what Sonex said. Then try borrowing an HDMI or DVI cable from someone before buying it. It might not be the problem. Keep us posted.
    Gc
  7. Hey guys, I was able to fix the problem. What I did was enable System Recovery. Reason how I got there was because my computer started having newer problems such as freezes and OS not responding well. Thanks all! :)
  8. Best answer
    Nice, glad you fixed your issue.
    Gc
  9. Thank you all again.
  10. Best answer selected by ComputerBuilder.
  11. ComputerBuilder said:
    Hey guys, I was able to fix the problem. What I did was enable System Recovery. Reason how I got there was because my computer started having newer problems such as freezes and OS not responding well. Thanks all! :)

you mean system restore ?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Windows 7 Computer Monitors Graphics