Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Screen shuts off after windows 7 logo then turns back on.

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Windows 7
  • Computer
  • Monitors
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 29, 2012 12:09:56 AM

Hello, all.

I've seem to be having a problem with my computer monitor. It is a Acer 23'inch 1080p monitor for a computer that I recently built. After the windows 7 logo screen, my monitor receives a "No signal" sign and pretty much stays off for a few minutes and then turns back on with everything running back to normal. What seems to be the problem? How can I fix it? I am using a HDMI/VGA cable connector which connects from my monitor to my GPU which is the GTX 580 SC.

More about : screen shuts windows logo turns back

a b U Graphics card
February 29, 2012 12:42:42 AM

If you're using a HDMI to VGA adapter that is your problem.

HDMI to vga just changes the cable, it does NOT change the signal from digital to analogu.

A digital to analog converter is very expensive.
m
l
February 29, 2012 12:48:39 AM

Are you sure? Because I've had this cable for quite a while now and it didn't seem to be having problems until now. If that so, can switching to a HDMI cable solve it?
m
l
Related resources
February 29, 2012 12:52:31 AM

ComputerBuilder said:
Are you sure? Because I've had this cable for quite a while now and it didn't seem to be having problems until now. If that so, can switching to a HDMI cable solve it?

A solid HDMI or VGA cable should solve the issue. I do not understand how this configuration was working before. Good luck.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 29, 2012 1:01:27 AM

Press "F8" Whent start Window 7
Choose " Enable Low Resolution Video "

if it work on low resolution... try to change the resolution now... see what's going on..

By the way... did it ok in safe mode..
m
l
March 7, 2012 1:01:45 AM

Actually guys, I hope I'm not too late but I have to make a quick correction. The cable is not a VGA cable, it's a HDMI/DVI. Sorry! But yeah though, so by switching to a full DVI or HDMI cable, it will solve the problem then?
m
l
March 7, 2012 10:33:13 AM

First, try what Sonex said. Then try borrowing an HDMI or DVI cable from someone before buying it. It might not be the problem. Keep us posted.
Gc
m
l
March 10, 2012 6:14:20 AM

Hey guys, I was able to fix the problem. What I did was enable System Recovery. Reason how I got there was because my computer started having newer problems such as freezes and OS not responding well. Thanks all! :) 
m
l

Best solution

March 10, 2012 7:01:31 PM

Nice, glad you fixed your issue.
Gc
March 11, 2012 7:10:16 AM

Thank you all again.
m
l
March 18, 2012 1:00:06 AM

Best answer selected by ComputerBuilder.
m
l
October 11, 2014 12:35:14 PM

ComputerBuilder said:
Hey guys, I was able to fix the problem. What I did was enable System Recovery. Reason how I got there was because my computer started having newer problems such as freezes and OS not responding well. Thanks all! :) 

you mean system restore ?
m
l
!