Screen shuts off after windows 7 logo then turns back on.

ComputerBuilder

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
Hello, all.

I've seem to be having a problem with my computer monitor. It is a Acer 23'inch 1080p monitor for a computer that I recently built. After the windows 7 logo screen, my monitor receives a "No signal" sign and pretty much stays off for a few minutes and then turns back on with everything running back to normal. What seems to be the problem? How can I fix it? I am using a HDMI/VGA cable connector which connects from my monitor to my GPU which is the GTX 580 SC.

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
If you're using a HDMI to VGA adapter that is your problem.

HDMI to vga just changes the cable, it does NOT change the signal from digital to analogu.

A digital to analog converter is very expensive.

gcmartini

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012

A solid HDMI or VGA cable should solve the issue. I do not understand how this configuration was working before. Good luck.

sonexpc

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
Press "F8" Whent start Window 7
Choose " Enable Low Resolution Video "

if it work on low resolution... try to change the resolution now... see what's going on..

By the way... did it ok in safe mode..

ComputerBuilder

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
Actually guys, I hope I'm not too late but I have to make a quick correction. The cable is not a VGA cable, it's a HDMI/DVI. Sorry! But yeah though, so by switching to a full DVI or HDMI cable, it will solve the problem then?

ComputerBuilder

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
Hey guys, I was able to fix the problem. What I did was enable System Recovery. Reason how I got there was because my computer started having newer problems such as freezes and OS not responding well. Thanks all! :)

lordas

Honorable
Apr 10, 2014

you mean system restore ?