Front case audio and memory problem

killermoe33

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
well finished building my computer and the front case headphone jack isn't working. Also the memory is running at 1333 instead of 1600 :/ check bios the audio is enabled, any ideas?

check that you got the newest realtek drivers loaded. with the right drivers the sound chipset should see when a headphone is plugged into the audio port. also look to see that you plugged the audio cable on the front audio header on the mb and did not miss any pins. for the ram that an easy fix. the 1600 speed for ram is under the ram xmp profile. when you first put ram into a mb it reads the jdec of the ram and uses the non xmp profile (stock ram speeds) there should be a setting in the bios and mb guild to use xmp profile.

killermoe33

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
aha thanks for the help, but i already fixed both of those problems :)and it was just a setting in hd audio thing. and ya i changed the timmings and voltage to my rams original and then set it to 1600 and it worked.

But over that now i got one last problem. My microphone jack on the front case isnt working. :( it might be that the plug isnt good cuz when i plug it in it works for a milli sec then stops, so im not sure. (im testing with earphones with built in mic)