6770 or 7770

I currently have the SAPPHIRE 100338L Radeon HD 6770. I had just purchased it back in the end of December so it is almost 2 months old. I had just seen that the 7770's had come out. I was wondering I have been looking around online for comparisons between the two but couldn't find too much. I was wondering would it be worth it to try to sell mine and get a 7770? Or would I just be better sticking off with what I have for the money?
7 answers Last reply
More about 6770 7770
  1. Not a big enough jump in performance to warrant an upgrade IMO. Up from a HD6770, you should be looking for a minimum of a HD6870 or GTX560.
  2. Zero_ said:
    Not a big enough jump in performance to warrant an upgrade IMO. Up from a HD6770, you should be looking for a minimum of a HD6870 or GTX560.


    Is it even an upgrade worth the money? On average what percentage would I even gain from a 6770 to a 6870 or a 6770 to a 7770?
  3. Pretty much sums it up.


    The HD6870 should perform similar to a GTX560. As you can see, since the HD6870 and HD7770 cost the same, the HD6870 is a much better choice.
  4. Zero_ said:
    Pretty much sums it up.
    http://media.bestofmicro.com/T/2/326342/original/dirt%203%201920.png

    The HD6870 should perform similar to a GTX560. As you can see, since the HD6870 and HD7770 cost the same, the HD6870 is a much better choice.


    Ok. I think I am going to try and sell my 6770 and if I can sell it I will probably get the 6870 then. Would you recommend this card? I have a sapphire now but I am liking the lifetime warranty with the xfx though.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150521
  5. Zero_ said:
    Pretty much sums it up.
    http://media.bestofmicro.com/T/2/326342/original/dirt%203%201920.png

    The HD6870 should perform similar to a GTX560. As you can see, since the HD6870 and HD7770 cost the same, the HD6870 is a much better choice.

    Not a good game to use as a reference but 7770 is competing with GTX 460.
  6. Would you guys reccomend this card or is there anything better out there other than this card as far as 6870's goes?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150521
  7. theolah12 said:
    Would you guys reccomend this card or is there anything better out there other than this card as far as 6870's goes?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150521

    Just get the cheapest one and I heard that the XFX 68xx cards have noise coolers.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Sapphire Graphics Product