Will powercool pc-1050auba fit in a haf x case?

zcosmin

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
my specs are:
CPU: intel core i5 2500k oc
GPU: amd hd 7970 oc, Maybe i will get 1 more (thts why i chose 1050w)
MOBO: Asus sabertooth Z77
RAM: Corsair Vengence 1600Mhz
SSD: Ocz vertex 4 64gb
HDD: 1TB Seagate ST1000DM003 Barracuda 7200
FANS: 3 200mm fans and 4 120mm fans
also 2 more questions, i will use xspc rasa 750 rs360 triple rad at the top of the haf x case, should i do air from the case going out throught the rad and the fan at the back of the case to draw air from outside then into the case, or from outside the case in throught the rad and inside the case and the fan at the back to draw air from inside the case then out?
Which one is the best method?

Last question: at the top of the case i will have 2 200mm fans, is it worth adding 3 extra fans on the top of the rad while having 2 200mm fans on the case?

Sorry for my bad english.. :D Thanks

Distilled water beats any coolant and is cheaper to replace when flushtime comes around,
I'd also go for a better Rad, the EX series are the same size as the Rs but cool way better, almost as well as the Rx series,
and if overclocking I'd suggest an additional 240 rad to go with it
and if the rad is in the roof, then have it blowing air out of the case,
front,side,bottom intakes, rear and top exhaust, rule of thumb for fans and rads :)
Moto

zcosmin

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012

But if you use distilled water wouldn't it be conductive?

Any liquid you put through a pump is conductive after about five minutes due to the elctrical ionisation field generated by the pump, distilled is less prone than tapwater because it has fewer,if any minerals in it to be charged, even the so-called 'non-conductive' superfluids you see advertised are conductive once they have been through the pump, which is one reason we don't like them, they lie to the user :)
coloured ones also tend to break down, clogging blocks and pumps up
The W/c sticky covers it in more detail though
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/277130-11-read-first-watercooling-sticky
Moto

zcosmin

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012

http://www.overclock.net/t/1124687/the-mayhems-dye-experience

zcosmin

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012

Thanks will buy that

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?s=ce4eaae6f427b7d13c35989bb51b02ad&t=1044129
Mayhems is one of the better ones I admit, but they all break down over time, which is why you'll see folks on here as well as on OcUK advocating coloured tubing over dyes, if you are stripping/flushing every three months then go for it, but I would rather be doing other things with the Pc than constantly rebuilding it :)
+1 on the Tx850 V2 as well, mines a champ and holds a 4.5GHz clock as well as two Asus 6950DCIIH20's fine
Moto

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012

Liquid becomes conductive when it has mineral salts in it (Soda/Juices have tons of mineral salts in them, so they are very highly conductive. On the other hand, there are some types of cooking oils which are absolutely clear of any kind of salts, so you can actually put a working monitor in a glass tub full of such oil and nothing will happen, at all). High-quality distilled water should be clear of any kinds of salts.
Usual kitchen/bathroom water has high value of calcium in it = calcium presence means that it has high value of mineral salts in it. It would be a very stupid and inexperienced thing to do - to use standard home water for PC water cooling. It's like deliberately signing a death sentence for yourself.

zcosmin

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012

Can you recommend me a high quality distilled water pls

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012

Oh come on!...what I meant is: only distilled water should be used, but sometimes it's not purified enough. You can pretty much buy a bottle of distilled water anywhere, and it would be of satisfying-enough quality. It's very rare when distilled water aren't purified enough.

Well...I guess I'll highly recommend you this one. I hope that you could afford it, even if not immediately. It definitely worth it.