New puter: won't even beep.

puddlegoo

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
So I just finished putting together my computer, and so the only things working are the very pretty LED fans. I don't know where to begin. I have not even heard a system beep yet, seen anything on my monitor, or reached the BIOS.

I assembled everything carefully. I used a static wrist guard and touched the case any time I touched anything. I am desperate and feeling a bit helpless. Can anyone give me an idea of how I can troubleshoot this?

Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 Mid tower case
Mobo: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K
GPU: ASUS HD7870-DC2-2GD5 Radeon 2GB DDR5
PSU: OZC 750W modular bronze rated
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 8 GB PC3-12800 1600mhz
SSD: Crucial 128 GB m4 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive SATA 6Gb/s CT128M4SSD2
CPU Cooler: Coolermaster 212 EVO
DVD: LG 22x DVD±RW Super Multi Dual Layer Burner

Solution
step 1) remove everything from the motherboard except the CPU, RAM, Video card. Now turn on the computer and see if it POSTs. if it doesnt then you have a problem with one of those 3 critical components to boot the system. if it DOES post, then you can start attaching the other devices one at a time.
step 1) remove everything from the motherboard except the CPU, RAM, Video card. Now turn on the computer and see if it POSTs. if it doesnt then you have a problem with one of those 3 critical components to boot the system. if it DOES post, then you can start attaching the other devices one at a time.

Solution