XBOX HD AV Cable

If I have a non-HDTV that does however accept 480i component video
input, can I use the HD AV cable to hook it up to component video? If
yes, does it improve the picture quality significantly when compared to
the regular RCA?

Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about xbox cable

    cjw <cwinter@gmail.com> wrote:
    > If I have a non-HDTV that does however accept 480i component video
    > input, can I use the HD AV cable to hook it up to component video? If
    > yes, does it improve the picture quality significantly when compared to
    > the regular RCA?

    YES.

    Component video, even at 480i is much much MUCH superior to the single RCA
    cable.

    S-video is somewhere in between.

    You'll definitely notice the difference - especially if you use the XBox
    to play movies.

    I use it on my projection tv which only has 480i
    and yes I do see a significant difference....
    I don't kow if it makes much of a difference on
    a smaller set but on the old 61" it is alot nicer picture
    using component cables

    "cjw" <cwinter@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > If I have a non-HDTV that does however accept 480i component video
    > input, can I use the HD AV cable to hook it up to component video? If
    > yes, does it improve the picture quality significantly when compared to
    > the regular RCA?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Yes you can. Make sure you have your TV settings correct in your Xbox
    dashboard.

    ---
    HDTV games lists and discussions
    http://www.hdtvarcade.com

    "cjw" <cwinter@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > If I have a non-HDTV that does however accept 480i component video
    > input, can I use the HD AV cable to hook it up to component video? If
    > yes, does it improve the picture quality significantly when compared to
    > the regular RCA?
    >
    > Thanks.

    "cjw" <cwinter@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > If I have a non-HDTV that does however accept 480i component video
    > input, can I use the HD AV cable to hook it up to component video? If
    > yes, does it improve the picture quality significantly when compared to
    > the regular RCA?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Basically,

    With an (480i only) SDTV

    RF Adapter (yuck!) --> composite (better) --> SVideo (much better than
    composite!) --> Component (slighty better than SVid)

    Cheers,
    -E

Console Gaming Xbox Video Components HD Cable Video Games