  • Cable
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
June 24, 2005 6:15:03 PM

If I have a non-HDTV that does however accept 480i component video
input, can I use the HD AV cable to hook it up to component video? If
yes, does it improve the picture quality significantly when compared to
the regular RCA?

Thanks.

More about : xbox cable

Anonymous
June 25, 2005 4:07:20 AM

cjw <cwinter@gmail.com> wrote:
> If I have a non-HDTV that does however accept 480i component video
> input, can I use the HD AV cable to hook it up to component video? If
> yes, does it improve the picture quality significantly when compared to
> the regular RCA?

YES.

Component video, even at 480i is much much MUCH superior to the single RCA
cable.

S-video is somewhere in between.

You'll definitely notice the difference - especially if you use the XBox
to play movies.
June 25, 2005 4:07:38 AM

I use it on my projection tv which only has 480i
and yes I do see a significant difference....
I don't kow if it makes much of a difference on
a smaller set but on the old 61" it is alot nicer picture
using component cables

"cjw" <cwinter@gmail.com> wrote in message
> If I have a non-HDTV that does however accept 480i component video
> input, can I use the HD AV cable to hook it up to component video? If
> yes, does it improve the picture quality significantly when compared to
> the regular RCA?
>
> Thanks.

June 25, 2005 10:00:49 AM

Yes you can. Make sure you have your TV settings correct in your Xbox
dashboard.

---
HDTV games lists and discussions
http://www.hdtvarcade.com

"cjw" <cwinter@gmail.com> wrote in message
> If I have a non-HDTV that does however accept 480i component video
> input, can I use the HD AV cable to hook it up to component video? If
> yes, does it improve the picture quality significantly when compared to
> the regular RCA?
>
> Thanks.

Anonymous
June 26, 2005 2:38:07 AM

"cjw" <cwinter@gmail.com> wrote in message
> If I have a non-HDTV that does however accept 480i component video
> input, can I use the HD AV cable to hook it up to component video? If
> yes, does it improve the picture quality significantly when compared to
> the regular RCA?
>
> Thanks.

Basically,

With an (480i only) SDTV

RF Adapter (yuck!) --> composite (better) --> SVideo (much better than
composite!) --> Component (slighty better than SVid)

Cheers,
-E
!