Help with crossfire please

3dgerin

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
Hello,

I just purchased an HD 6770 to crossfire with my HD 5770. I know they are compatible to crossfire. However the problem that I am having is every time I go to full screen the graphics start to pixelate and flicker. I have ran gpu-z and it appears the cards are using the same speeds, and the temps are cool the highest temp I have seen is 48c on the number one card. I have switched out the crossfire bridge, changed it around, put in a different one, and nothing is working.

My motherboard was tight for space so I am running the 6770 on the x16 pci-e slot and the 5770 on the x4 pci-e slot. I could probably sandwich them for dual x16 if needed.

I performed a fresh format yesterday and I have uninstalled and re installed the current drivers, some older drivers, original drivers that came with my 6770 card and so far nothing works.

I can get into BF3 and play in windowed mode no issue, the same goes for World of Warcraft but the minute I switch to full screen non windowed things go haywire. Is there anyone with any idea on how to fix this?

Also I did set it up and ran in eyefinity today for a short time, then my wife wanted her monitor back so I had to give it back. I am not sure if that means anything but it worked fine in eyefinity. I have removed the active display adapter and have both monitors connected to the 6770 card via DVI connections.

Current specs:
Biostar TA990FXE motherboard
AMD FX-6100 not overclocked
Corsair 750w PS
HIS HD 6770
XFX HD 5770
8 Gigs Gskill Ripjaws
Samsung Syncmaster XL2270 main monitor
Samsung Syncmaster 2233sw extra monitor

3dgerin

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
Everything was clean I just came off a fresh format. I gave up trying and learned a valuable lesson that is better to just buy one big card than have two working together. I guess I will just stick this other card in my 9yr olds computer, it should play youtube quite well for her.

3dgerin

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012

Both cards are fine intact I put them both in the 16x slots and had some luck with no flicker in bf3, However in WoW I still had flicker. The top card was running to 78 celcius so I said screw it and am just running on a single card now. Like I said in my earlier post I will just stick to buying one decent card every couple years.