Test boot CPU fail HELP!?!

viper0hr

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
Hello,
I just started my new build and first big build for a gaming pc with a sabertooth z77 and ivy bridge.
I did a test boot with my cpu and ram (no gpu atm) and got an cpu failure lightright away. There are not any bent or damaged pins on the socket at all, also cpu looks fine other that the pin spots on socket side from the mount.
I just tried to boot the mobo without the cpu and the led for cpu fail came on again went off then the fans started to spin. This soundslike a cpu socket failure to me but I am new to building and just want to be sure and get any feedback before submitting an rma. Also, I was grounded and did'nt shock kill my mobo lol.

From what I could get on that board there is not any onboard graphics correct? You can't test boot with no video at all. I would not trust the cpu failure light until you install a GPU. I would get a GPU installed and then see were your system stands then.

viper0hr

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012

there is on board hdmi and ivy had inter-graded graphics.

zhihao50

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011

Like sandybridge, Ivy also have built in iGPU so you could run the system fine without a GPU

Sleddog555

Honorable
May 8, 2012
I have the same problem! Sabertooth z77 and 3570k with no gpu. Put together last night and it's beeping 1-4-1 that code isn't even in the manual :/ hope it's not the cpu please respond if you solved the issue