user.000 in documents and settings

Hi, I am having a problem deleting the "teacher.000" in my documents and
settings. There are 3 accounts on this computer running windows xp pro.
Administrator, Teacher and Admin. All three are administrators on this
computer. After windows updates (not including sp2) when the teacher logs
on, a teacher.000 was created. I logged in as Admin and deleted the account
and then had the teacher log in again. The teacher.000 returned. any
thoughts?
1 answer Last reply
More about user documents settings

    Jackie wrote:
    > Hi, I am having a problem deleting the "teacher.000" in my documents
    > and settings. There are 3 accounts on this computer running windows
    > xp pro. Administrator, Teacher and Admin. All three are
    > administrators on this computer. After windows updates (not
    > including sp2) when the teacher logs on, a teacher.000 was created.
    > I logged in as Admin and deleted the account and then had the teacher
    > log in again. The teacher.000 returned. any thoughts?

    Yeah - simply put something has gone awry with the original "teacher"
    profile and it is creating teacher.000 due to that fact.

    What went wrong? Who knows.. File corruption, registry corruption, etc -
    whatever it is, it is enough for windows to stop trying to load that profile
    and create a new one.

    Rename teacher directory to teacher.old. Delete teacher.000 directory. Log
    on as teacher and most likely, it will create the teacher directory you
    want - then you will have to copy over the stuff you want from the old
    profile and hope that none of what you copy is what is corrupted. (Or
    better yet, just setup the new profile the way you want it and move on..
    heh)

    --
    <- Shenan ->

Configuration Computers Customization Windows XP