Sign in with
Your question

Upgrade Advise

Last response: in Components
August 20, 2012 12:39:40 AM

Looking to see if there's anything I could be upgrading now to further future proof my system, last thing I upgraded was getting my first SSD and it works pretty damn great so far, the newest Corsair Force series SSD line the GS series 180GB. I use it for gaming and for boot and stuff like that. I don't need any more storage right now either with my data drive as well around a terabyte. I am a gamer, will be playing tons of games and everything. I don't think I will be getting another monitor anytime soon and don't care to be doing that really. I have a pretty new video card and it's been pretty good and working very well. What do you guys think I should do at this point? Any questions yall have? Thanks in advance. Maybe upgrade my CPU?

Read my profile lol, should be on there but here are the specs from it:

I5 2500K @ 4.5 GHz

Corsair H80 Liquid CPU Cooler

8GB G.Skill RipJawz DDR3 1600

ASUS GTX 670 DCII TOP

Gigabyte UD3H-B3 Z68X Motherboard

Corsair TX 750W 80 Plus Bronze PSU

Corsair Force GS 180GB SSD

ASUS 24\'\' LED 1920x1080p Monitor

Razer BlackWidow Keyboard

Razer Naga Mouse

Razer Goliathus Control Fragged Edition Mousepad

ASUS DG 5.1 Soundcard

More about : upgrade advise

August 20, 2012 12:42:26 AM

Hi :) 

Maybe telling us your specs might help ...lol ??

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
August 20, 2012 12:51:14 AM

There you go updated the first post, all you gotta do is read my public profile it's all up on there too :) 
m
l
Related resources
August 20, 2012 12:55:31 AM

The only upgrade you´d make at the moment is to 2x SLI your card -- I don´t think it would bottleneck your CPU @ 4.5 GHz.
m
l
August 20, 2012 12:58:22 AM

What do you guys think about that?
m
l
August 20, 2012 1:02:15 AM

Thebrave246 said:
There you go updated the first post, all you gotta do is read my public profile it's all up on there too :) 

Ah so you expect all the pros here who help thousands of people to click around looking for information that you SHOULD have put in your first post... thats interesting, and not very bright of you....

And only improvement would be a pair of better graphics card... and a better quality Monitor...

m
l
August 20, 2012 1:06:42 AM

Lol not too bright of me ok thanks buddy. But anyway, it's pretty much obvious to do that without me saying that because they know their way around the site as-is man. But thanks for your concern.

So I play at 1920x1080p full hd now in my games, so what you guys are saying is get another GTX 670 and SLi them for now and get another bigger monitor and/or 120Hz monitor to accompany them?

So get another GTX 670 first then wait for the 120Hz monitors to go down in price a bit makes sense I think? I like the MSI Power Edition GTX 670.
m
l
August 20, 2012 1:29:26 AM

Thebrave246 said:
Lol not too bright of me ok thanks buddy. But anyway, it's pretty much obvious to do that without me saying that because they know their way around the site as-is man. But thanks for your concern.

So I play at 1920x1080p full hd now in my games, so what you guys are saying is get another GTX 670 and SLi them for now and get another bigger monitor and/or 120Hz monitor to accompany them?

So get another GTX 670 first then wait for the 120Hz monitors to go down in price a bit makes sense I think? I like the MSI Power Edition GTX 670.

Of course we know HOW to click to LOOK for configurations, which is mostly BLANK... so we dont bother wasting time that we could spend helping the brighter people who need help....

m
l
August 20, 2012 1:35:32 AM

Brett928S2 said:

Of course we know HOW to click to LOOK for configurations, which is mostly BLANK... so we dont bother wasting time that we could spend helping the brighter people who need help....

lol the brighter people would have their specs in their public profile like I do and not have to worry about posting everything again lol. But anyway thanks for the insight man. Anyway so should I get another GTX 670 and wait on the 120Hz monitors to go down in price maybe during the holidays and get like a BenQ 24'' 120Hz http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168.... I actually really like the MSI Power Edition GTX 670 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168....

m
l
August 20, 2012 1:41:15 AM

Thebrave246 said:
lol the brighter people would have their specs in their public profile like I do and not have to worry about posting everything again lol. But anyway thanks for the insight man. Anyway so should I get another GTX 670 and wait on the 120Hz monitors to go down in price maybe during the holidays and get like a BenQ 24'' 120Hz http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168.... I actually really like the MSI Power Edition GTX 670 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168....

You are missing the point totally....

For the Pros who ANSWER questions its a matter of time we spend here being limited by our other professional lives...

As an example , I have helped (hopefully) over 5000 people with my posts..... doing it your way , that figure may have only been 4000 or 4500...

Do you understand now ?

m
l
August 20, 2012 1:56:44 AM

Haha yeah I totally hear that but I'm not just asking for professional advise, if you want to help then please help. But also relax pal, this is a friendly post, lol. Totally understand though and thank you.
m
l
August 20, 2012 2:42:15 AM

Should I just do what I was thinking and wait for the 120Hz monitors to dip in price a bit and pick one up around this holiday season and get another GTX 670 in the not too distant future?
m
l
!