August 20, 2012 1:25:48 AM

asrock 770DE+ Motherboard
Amd phenom II 920's[Not overclocked]temps dont go higher than 45]
Ultra LSP 650 watt power supply
Western Digital 7200rpm Hard Drive 250gb
6gb of 800mhz Ram cosair[same here]
6850 Radeon[Temps are good]
Windows 7 64bit

The Problem All my games crash some more than other less demanding games crash alot more.

I had a Dual core athlon x2 2.6ghz No crashes at all :D 
I put in a Quad Core 9850 x4 We going crash u bro over and over :fou: 
Then i got a amd Phenom 920 II x4 Still Crashing :fou: 

I figured maybe the motherboard just couldnt handle it[Old motherboard was a evga 730a]
So i got a new motherboard Lord Behold it was still happening with the quad core and not the dual core
Figured maybe a power problem i got a new Video card that uses alot less Power than than the 9800 GTX+ still crashes Alot

Only thing i can come up with is the hard drive just sucks and cant handle how fast the memory is going at with the quad core compared to the dual core

Please help a Frustrated gamer :( 

More about : headache fix crasher

a c 150 ) Power supply
August 27, 2012 1:30:34 AM

Bootleg copy of Windows?
m
l
a b ) Power supply
August 27, 2012 2:40:28 AM

I would begin with a better power supply. Ultra is not anything I would use.
m
l
Related resources
August 30, 2012 8:05:29 PM

clutchc said:
Bootleg copy of Windows?

no its not bootleg why?
m
l
a c 150 ) Power supply
August 30, 2012 8:36:28 PM

kingkong001 said:
no its not bootleg why?

Just wanted to be sure it wasn't some bad bootleg copy causing the crashes. A few more questions, if you don't mind.
1) Is the copy OEM or retail?
2) Can you boot to Windows OK?
3) Does the system crash all the time, or only when gaming?
4) Are the memory sticks installed in matched pairs... 1 matched pair of 2GB sticks in same color slots, 1 matched pair of 1GB sticks in the other color slots?
5) And finally, have you run Memtest on the RAM sticks individually for at least one full pass to prove them stable? http://www.memtest.org/
m
l
August 30, 2012 10:11:35 PM

clutchc said:
Just wanted to be sure it wasn't some bad bootleg copy causing the crashes. A few more questions, if you don't mind.
1) Is the copy OEM or retail?
2) Can you boot to Windows OK?
3) Does the system crash all the time, or only when gaming?
4) Are the memory sticks installed in matched pairs... 1 matched pair of 2GB sticks in same color slots, 1 matched pair of 1GB sticks in the other color slots?
5) And finally, have you run Memtest on the RAM sticks individually for at least one full pass to prove them stable? http://www.memtest.org/

1)OEM
2)yes
3)only when gaming and when i put the quad core in does fine with the dual core
4)all 3 same brand 2gb each
5)yes
m
l
a c 150 ) Power supply
August 30, 2012 10:24:10 PM

kingkong001 said:
1)OEM
2)yes
3)only when gaming and when i put the quad core in does fine with the dual core
4)all 3 same brand 2gb each
5)yes

I see you are only using 3 of the 4 slots. That would put you in a mix of dual and single channel modes. Try leaving out the stick in the odd color slot and see what happens.

Btw, (not related to your problem) when you switched boards, did you buy a new OEM copy of Win7?
m
l
August 31, 2012 5:47:06 AM

clutchc said:
I see you are only using 3 of the 4 slots. That would put you in a mix of dual and single channel modes. Try leaving out the stick in the odd color slot and see what happens.

Btw, (not related to your problem) when you switched boards, did you buy a new OEM copy of Win7?

The other 2gb was extra i bought recently was having the crash problem before im tempted to get a new power supply seeing how its fine with the dual core

Its a new copy
m
l
!