Oh BOY!!!! XPCGEAR comes through!!!

QuantiumG

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2006
Well, after cancelling my order with MicroCenter since the E6600 went on backorder before my order was processed, I was racing around like a monkey looking for a replacement etailer. Most people are just waiting for a while, but I don't have much time left to overhaul my system since I'm moving, and I need my system up and running. Anyways, did a search for the chip, found this site, checked them out, couldn't believe that the E6600's were in still "IN STOCK - LIMITED QUANTITIES", so I jumped on it. Yes, it was a little more then the standard prices, (around $420 after 2 day shipping, yes lower then Newegg now :D ) but I need to get this system built since the rest of the parts are arriving on Thursday. I hadn't recieved a confirmation email after my order was placed Sunday evening, so I was getting kinda worried. I then checked the website again today, and saw that the E6600's are on backorder now till next monday. I sent them an email, and low and behold......IT MADE IT OUT BEFORE THE SHORTAGE! Yea, this pretty much made my whole week. :D
Oh, just in case anyone else is wondering, the other parts making up the overhaul are:

2GB Corsair XMS DD2-800 RAM
XFX Geforce 7600GT
Roswiell 550w PS
Asus P5B MB
Another Seagate 200GB SATA2 HD

Don't worry guys, it's all about timing. :wink:

floge03

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
Nothing is about timing.. its all about how much money you are willing to squander

I was conservative and got my E6600 from buy.com for $340 and it will arrive in a week.

jeffreyhsieh99

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2003
I placed my pre-order for a retail E6600 at clubit on July 27. A guy called today said Intel told them retail version probably will be shipped around Aug 22. But they do have OEM version in stock. I accept the offer and they shipped it today. They also reduce the price from 339 to 329 for me and said will send me a free T-shirt. Free Fedex shipping. Will get it on Thursday.