Internet connection sharing from laptop (xp sp2) to desktop (win7 64x)

Hi,

I want to share my adsl connection that is in my laptop running xp 32bit sp2, to my desktop pc running win 7 64 bit sp1. I also have xp in another hdd in the desktop from which i have connected the laptop with firewire. But win7 does not allow firewire networking. I don't wanna buy any new hardware. Can anyone help me on how to do this the easiest way ?
5 answers Last reply
More about internet connection sharing laptop desktop win7
  1. A company called Unibrain has a free download which will add firewire networking to your Win7 PC.
  2. I can't quite understand the install procedure of unibrain..do i have to install it on both the machines ? Then since my win7 is 64bit, i have to install the 64 bit of unibrain in the desktop and the 32 bit version of unibrain in my 32 bit xp laptop ?
  3. Use ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) on your Windows7 machine and then connect your laptop to it.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Using-ICS-Internet-Connection-Sharing

Does your ADSL router not have wireless ?
  4. Nope its wired..actually my modem is ut-300 r2 model. Also, i have broadband connection in my laptop and desktop is fully offline which i only use to play heavy duty games. Now i am in need of getting internet in the desktop too but i want my laptop to be the main pc for internet.
  5. You could buy a small ethernet hub (not USB) and simply connect your modem to the hub and then plug your laptop and desktop into the hub. hubs are really cheap now and small
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Desktops Internet Connection Windows XP Networking