mious

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Looking to buy in the next couple of months, at or sometime around the release of Tera (May)

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming pretty much, right now I play starcraft 2 and skyrim. SC2 runs well with my current setup but I have had trouble with crossfire with skyrim ever since release, I have been playing Tera beta and I cant seem to get more than 35ish fps on medium details, looking at msi afterburner, both of my cards are in use but I dont know if its low because of a driver issue or what.

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: 2 sapphire radeon 5770s power supply is a corsair 600w

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: CPU: 1156 core i5 750 at 3.8 ghz, RAM: 8 gb, Case: Corsair Obsidian 800D

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg

PARTS PREFERENCES: I want an AMD card, I have always used sapphire cards with no problem but am open to consideration regarding brand.

OVERCLOCKING: maybe SLI OR CROSSFIRE: maybe

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1080

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS:

smeg4brainsuk

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
Depends on what you want to spend

2 x Radeon HD 6850 in CrossFire, if you want to stick to AMD, would be more than capable or a single 7950 would be a more costly alternative and crossfire in the future

If you are waiting till May then it will be worth seeing what Nvidia's new GPU's bring to the table, especially since Nvidia has better optimisation for Skyrim