Any able to get crossfire working with Windows 7 RC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxyg

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
I am about to build my machine, not sure which one OS to use. I downloaded Windows 7 RC, but my machine has 2 ati cards for CF, so I am not sure if I should use windows 7 RC.

Anyone tried yet?

j5surferdude

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2007
How did you get Crossfire working with windows 7? What build are you using?
I am running build 7100 and have 2 4870's but I've have had to disable one card just to get it to boot to windows without crashing.
I am also getting errors when trying to install the latest CCC somthing about the HD audio not installed correctly. Then started to get random crashes and on each reboot the gfx drivers were missing? had to revert to an older driver and have binned CCC at the moment, its stable but still cant activate the second card.

I dont think Im the only one with this problem searching google.

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
Sounds like it could be faulty hardware to be. Did you have those cards working in crossfire under a different OS, or is this a fresh build? I am running build 7100 also with no problems.

j5surferdude

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2007
Yes both cards worked in vista 64. The diagnostic leds do not point to a hardware failure, however I will swap the cards around to see if I can pinpoint a fault with one particular card. Its a bit difficult tho as there all connected with pipes and liquid.

Rokitty

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2008
I am running build 7100 also and have 2 Sapphire Toxic 4890's in CF working fine and started on 9.5, and now updated to 9.6 Catalysts.

FlyingVagrant

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
its not the cards...I am running the ati 4850's and one card is automatically disabled (just upgraded from xp to 7) I am trying to figure out how to enable the 2nd card.

if you go into the information center of the ATI user interface you will almost certainly see that one card is disabled, this indicates that the machine sees it, but the software has not turned it on...if I get mine all Ill post the solution.

j5surferdude

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2007
Updated the bios, tried to update the driver to 9.6 still no joy. BSOD half way through install. Decided just to remove the card and sell it, took all the watercooling off disassembled computer then re-assembled got to the stage of putting all the power connectors on. It was at this point that I noticed one of the PCI-EX connectors had worked loose from the PSU. So this is prob the reason for all the faults only 50% power on one card. Shame I didnt spot it earlier. Oh well another evening wasted.

G

Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same problem. Need Help.

elpuerto

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
I am having the same problem 2 4850s and windows 7 upgrade..I sat on the phone with dell for hours tried installing older versions..dell told me to go back to vista till they fix the problem..i hope some one knows how to fix this because this is retarded too many people with the same problem

Status
Not open for further replies.