Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Best powersupply for cheap and best manufacturer below 100$?

Last response: in Components
Share
August 20, 2012 5:32:03 AM

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dScG is my current build

Case is: Antec 300 illusion since I have that I removed it from the build.

I am currently about to get 200$ friday and I am putting 100$ into the powersupply (maybe a little bit more because my motherboard is only 85$)and the rest for the motherboard.)

I know that there are a lot of brands out there but I want one that is 700-800watts and atleast 4 6+2pin connectors because I plan on crossfiring/sli'ing in the future and I want a very stable one because I plan on running my system almost all day but I may turn it off during the night.

I was looking at the http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... and http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Because I like the modulars for there little wires.

Which brand do you think would work best for me? If you could please try to get a cheap modular one under 115$ please thanks!

Best solution

a c 76 ) Power supply
a c 137 V Motherboard
August 20, 2012 5:47:14 AM

Out of those two, get the Corsair. Great unit.

Edit: Not that the OCZ is bad.
Share
a c 76 ) Power supply
a c 137 V Motherboard
August 20, 2012 5:47:51 AM

Also, you don't need to worry about fully modular, anyway. You have to use the 20+4 pin connector, so there's no point at all to fully modular.
m
0
l
Related resources
August 20, 2012 5:51:52 AM

DJDeCiBeL said:
Out of those two, get the Corsair. Great unit.

Edit: Not that the OCZ is bad.


I heard corsair was the best but on the feedback a lot of people were saying that the unit died within a few hours or days, I currently play a lot of games and schedule a lot of like raids and competitions and I really need a powersupply that will be reliable. Do you think this one will be good for me even though some people have had to RMA it?
m
0
l
a c 76 ) Power supply
a c 137 V Motherboard
August 20, 2012 5:55:52 AM

solomaniac85 said:
I heard corsair was the best but on the feedback a lot of people were saying that the unit died within a few hours or days, I currently play a lot of games and schedule a lot of like raids and competitions and I really need a powersupply that will be reliable. Do you think this one will be good for me even though some people have had to RMA it?


Newegg feedback is totally useless. Sure there are DOA's are bad apples, but there are for EVERYTHING. People are just more likely to post a scathing review about something than they are a good one.

That, and I'd venture a guess that well over 90% of the time, the "failures" are user error because a lot of people aren't really as tech savvy as they like to think they are.

Have no fear with that Corsair unit. It's as reliable as they come.

Now the OCZ unit has some good reviews, so it's obviously not a bad unit either, but I still prefer the Corsair, myself.
m
0
l
August 20, 2012 5:57:44 AM

DJDeCiBeL said:
Newegg feedback is totally useless. Sure there are DOA's are bad apples, but there are for EVERYTHING. People are just more likely to post a scathing review about something than they are a good one.

That, and I'd venture a guess that well over 90% of the time, the "failures" are user error because a lot of people aren't really as tech savvy as they like to think they are.

Have no fear with that Corsair unit. It's as reliable as they come.

Now the OCZ unit has some good reviews, so it's obviously not a bad unit either, but I still prefer the Corsair, myself.


I heard corsair is the best at power supplys so I think I'm gonna go with corsair! Thanks a bunch.
m
0
l
August 20, 2012 5:57:47 AM

Best answer selected by solomaniac85.
m
0
l
a c 76 ) Power supply
a c 137 V Motherboard
August 20, 2012 5:58:11 AM

You're welcome. :) 
m
0
l
!