Cleaning fans

monu_08

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
hi i wanted to clean my cpu fan + chasis fan i have corsair 400 r u know it got dusty for a week while i dont use air can
i was thinking that if i use brush to the fans is it okay or that would damage the cpu fan and other or not will it work

InvalidError

Titan
I use a dry toothbrush to get 'stuck' dust off of 'em. You need to be careful not to apply too much force to fins since they can break off the fan hub relatively easily if you apply too much force.

You could also clean them with a garden hose with a washing nozzle. The main downside is you may have to wait 5-10 hours for the fan to dry completely before you can safely power it up again.

edit: of course, water-cleaning requires taking the parts out. Thoroughly cleaning fans in-situ is a PITA so I remove them when I want to clean them.

monu_08

Distinguished
May 26, 2011

u mean cleaning it water

monu_08

Distinguished
May 26, 2011

how i dont know how to do that

monu_08

Distinguished
May 26, 2011

i disagree cleaning fan s with water its not good

Uther39

Distinguished
OK, im getting the feeling this is a defo troll thread so come on pack it in, its obvious how to clean dust off fans and out of a PC you have 2 choices clean it the same as you would any dust in your house with a dry cloth, alternatively take it out in the garden and give it a good blast with the garden hose!