Checklist done, still having boot problem.

HopelessLantern

Honorable
May 5, 2012
So I have never been so unlucky to have gotten anything DOA. Maybe this is the first?

ASUS P7P55D PRO LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard
OCZ Reaper HPC (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 15000) Triple Channel Memory (only using two sticks)
WD VelociRaptor 450GB 10000 RPM 32MB 6.0Gb
EVGA SuperClocked GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 Video Card
PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
RBR1000-M 1000W Continuous@40°C Power Supply

Ok, so I start everything up. It works. install motherboard drives. Restart. Works. VGA drivers, restart, works. Sound drivers, restart, gets stuck loading. Leave it a while. Nothing. Hard shut down. Windows Recovery screen, gets stuck, hard shut down. Post bios, stuck, hard shut down. No bios, no vga detected light comes on. Ok, here is where it gets crazy.

I am no longer and still am not getting the same errors. each time is different or no beeps. the vga or boot or both come on and stay on. in consistent per boot.

From here I followed PERFORM THESE STEPS before posting about POST/boot/no video problems!

TO A TEE. Until I got to the last step.

Here is what happened upon removing all things that were not the mobo, psu and cpu.
DRAM LED comes on and one long beep two short beeps pattern begins.
added a stick of ram
the first time the VGA and BOOT LEDs came on and a long and two short beeps played only once.
second time only the VGA light came on and no beeps are audible.
ADDED second stick of ram
the VGA and BOOT LEDs came on and a long and two short beeps played only once. this occurred upon each start up. trusting that i could now add graphics i did.
I put it in a different port just to try and it worked. I turned it off and moved it to the og spot. suddenly, my prying caused a stand off to pop loose. I replaced screws and tightened and now i have just the VGA LED and no sound.

Any help?