HELP: New Build keeps restarting before Windows is loaded (Asus P8Z68)

avition_boy_86

Honorable
May 5, 2012
Hi Guys / Gals,

It’s been 8 years since I’ve built my last computer. Was excited to build this new one but having some trouble.

Specs:
Asus P8Z68-V Pro Gen 3
i5 2500k
Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24
Corsair Force GT SSD 120gb
Coolermaster Hyper 212
Antec 550w power supply
Zalman Z9 case

The computer boots up fine and goes to the bios. It shows the RAM, HD, CPU Fan, Processor etc.

PROBLEM:
I installed Windows 7 x64 and after the installation is complete it starts up for the first time then shuts downs automatically after the desktop is up for about 15seconds. After that it just keeps restarting and never boots back into windows. The BOOT_DEVICE_LED shows stays on the longest before it restarts on its own continuously.

Here is what I have done to troubleshoot based on reading many threads.
1.) Reinstalled windows onto another hard drive Seagate Barracuda 1TB... Same result
2.) Tested Corsair Force GT SSD 120gb in another computer as a secondary hard drive it works.
3.) Tried many combinations of ram in different slots and using one at a time.
4.) Made sure in bios that AHCI was selected as SATA
5.) Tried putting SATA cables in different slots on motherboard and tried multiple SATA cables
6.) Installed Windows 7 x32 and same exact result
7.) Changed AI tuner to XMP from AUTO in bios (as someone suggested) same result.

Additional Info: I have not changed any of the performance settings in bios.

I am totally stumped. Since I tried on 2 hard drives, tried ram 1 stick at a time etc.

Can someone please tell me what I may have done wrong? Thank you all so much.

Check your bios file number on the post screen. Maybe Asus has a newer one that will address your issue. Then download the file to a usb flash drive or your hardrive and check your bios for asus ez flash program. Some boards have it; others don't.

TRENDING THREADS