west171

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
hi im builing a computer and need to know what gpu i will need for fsx at high or ultra but only want to spend upto 250 on a gpu

neinlulz

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
A GTX 560 Ti is a great card for FSX for your price range. I'm running it paired with a 2500K at 4.3. Just don't forget FSX draws a lot from the CPU. If you want to get AMD's 6950, you need to install Shader 3.0 mod by Bojote, which helps AMD's GPUs and less so for nvidia.

I am guessing you mean Microsoft flight simulator X? abbreviations should be avoided since we can't read your mind :). as its a sim requirements are very very low and a $250 card would be massive overkill if that's all you want to play. What is your monitor and resolution? do you want to run multiple monitors? do uoh want to play any other games rust actually use a good GPU?

west171

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
ok sorry bout that yes flight simulator x yes the requirements are low but for the best graphics and performance you need good stuf costing way more than you expect so will the gtx560ti be the best at the moment for ultra high or just high and will i be able to use a i3 2100 with good fps and i do plan on playing that and callof duty mw2 mw3 dont know bout the monitor only plan on getting 1 but would like to get one that is 1080p eventualy but at the moment i will be using just a basic lcd one

and also what about this card its second hand tho http://www.trademe.co.nz/computers/components/video-cards/pciexpress/auction-453503077.htm

neinlulz

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
Are you going to be running any add-on scenery and or planes? Just to let you know, I have Orbx Blue Pacific Northwest, REX, GEX, ASE (5 cloud layers) along with PMDG's MD-11 with highish settings enabled and it starts to bring my PC down to mid 20fps when above Vancouver BC. When I'm outside Orbx's coverage, I have zero problems with performance. There are a ton of tweaks you can do for FSX to help improve performance.

For the i3, it will work but don't expect great performance on high. Google best CPU for FSX and read about other people's experiences. One of the better ones is the i5-2500K. I just don't know how the i3 will handle on very high settings. FSX is a CPU hungry game, don't forget that

Don't get dual card GPUs: Its not supported.

neinlulz

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
I have an i5 2500K over clocked to 4.3 GHz, GTX 560 Ti, 8GB DDR3 1600MHz and a 128gb SSD. I see very little benefits with a SSD for FSX except for loading (duh). Intel's i7s are not worth it since it wouldn't utilize hyper threading, so you can save a bit going for an i5. I'm speaking strictly for FSX only.

There are different kind of i5 processors you can go for which can fit your budget. It all depends on what you need and if you can afford it.