Sign in with
Your question

Internal memory card reader/USB hub

Last response: in Components
August 20, 2012 1:39:11 PM

Hello - I hope someone can offer up some information or suggestions. I've recently had a new computer custom built by Microcenter. One of the components I bought was a XIGMATEK CCO-UCOIAB-U01 USB 3.0 Accessor Ultimate 5.25" Super-Speed Card Reader. It is installed in one of the external 5.25 front bays. When I insert a flash card, nothing happens. When I try to connect a USB device, again nothing happens. When I go to My Computer, it doesn't display even when I have something attached. When I go to Device Manager, I see lots of generic USB ports listed, but nothing indicating any are resident on the XIGMATEK, nor do I see the memory card reader displayed. The USB ports on the case itself (Antec Eleven Hundred) work fine, as do the ones in the back on my ASUS P9X79 DELUXE motherboard.

I've checked but can't find any indication that drivers are necessary - XIGMATEK doesn't reference them. BTW - the memory card and the USB devices work on other ports/readers, so it's not them. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice? I can get along without the reader and ports, but since I bought it, I'd like to make it work.

Thanks.
August 20, 2012 1:58:29 PM

I guess it's simply not connected to the motherboard.
m
l
August 20, 2012 2:01:12 PM

I would speak to microcentre, it should still be under warranty
m
l
!