Nvidia 9800GT card not being read

chwatson0619

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
A few months ago, my 9800GT card just stopped being read by my computer. So I've just been using on board video until i could dive into it. Well I've decided now to try to figure out wats going on. There seems to be no signal at all going to the computer. I tried to re install the drivers but I just get a message saying it "could not locate any drivers that are compatiible with your current hardware" The fan is running on the card so I at least know it is getting power. I have a M4A78 Pro motherboard. Any help would be much appreciated.

anacandor

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2008
That's your computer telling you it is time to upgrade that archaic 9800GT

Not really, the 9800GT still runs the majority of games extremely well.

The card's probably dead, or the pci-e slot. Try a different slot if you have one. It's probably the card though, just get a new one. If you're worried about your PSU not being strong enough, get a card with similar power requirements. The 7770 will perform a lot better than your current one, and if you can wait, the 7850 will draw less power than the 9800GT while being far superior.

Hope that helps ^_^

anacandor

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2008
Really a 9800GT you say runs majority of games extremely well because my GTX 275 is lagging in many new games and it would be more powerful than 9800GT in SLI.

"majority of games" does not mean "new games". We don't even know what he/she plays so I don't see why you'd bother to post that.