Sign in with
Your question

What is difference between pci express ddr and pci express ddr 2

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 1, 2012 6:05:56 AM

what is difference between pci express ddr, ddr2, ddr3,( my mother board is Intel cor2 duo ddr2 support . ddr2, ddr3 express card properly work. but some mother board not support ddr2 pci-e, but it support ddr3 pci-e card)
a b U Graphics card
March 1, 2012 2:27:44 PM

PCI express has diffdernt versions depending on how old your pc is 1.0 2.0 2.1 3.0; one being the oldest 3 being the newest. This is where you'd install a 3rd party graphics card. (Additionally computers with PCIe 2.1 would support 2.0 and 1.0 but not 3.0)

DDR is a type of memory used in RAM. this is different than GDDR which is a type of memory used in graphics cards.

If your question is about the type of ram on the graphics card; that has no bearing on whether it will work. As long as the card is compatible with your computers version of PCIe it should work.

Can you provide us with some details about your computer (make and model number to start)
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
March 1, 2012 2:44:52 PM

mayamax said:
what is difference between pci express ddr, ddr2, ddr3,( my mother board is Intel cor2 duo ddr2 support . ddr2, ddr3 express card properly work. but some mother board not support ddr2 pci-e, but it support ddr3 pci-e card)

I think you mean GDDR, not DDR. DDR goes on the motherboard, GDDR goes on the graphics card. The oldest is GDDR, the newest is GDDR5.
m
l
Related resources
a c 125 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
March 1, 2012 3:43:56 PM

There's plenty of GPUs with DDR3 not GDDR3 - although that might just be a misnomer. They are listed as such, though. Actually I'm curious now if that is just a misnomer... hmm...

Anyway, question has been answered by the above posters :D 
m
l
November 17, 2012 9:27:56 AM

mayamax said:

I want to improve the graphics performance for the sake of better video performance. My make AMD Athlon 64 bit with MS 7142 ver 1.0 mother board with Phoenix BIOS. My mother board supports DDR type RAM.

The same has 32 bit PCI slots of 3 plus one AGP 32 bit slot. I need only 64 MB memory on card since i am using 17 inch monitor.

Power supply 230 volts only.

Please help me finding one video card for my machine.

Thank you.
m
l
!