Should I get another GTX 570 SC?

twc779

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
So I just got a new rig with a 2500k and a single EVGA GTX 570 Superclocked and I was wondering if it is worth it to pick up another GTX 570 for SLI. I put a HX850 PSU in my rig since I was planning on getting another card but I've done some research and I've seen that SLI can either boost or hinder performance depending on the games you play. I mainly play Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3, CoD 4, 5, and MW2, GTA IV, Crysis 2, Combat Arms (not very demanding I know :p), and plan to purchase more in the future.
It would be greatly appreciated if you guys would give me some advice on whether or not I should upgrade and what the disadvantages/advantages of SLI are. :D

Thanks!

waxy_27

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
Depends on the resolution you are playing...

With a 570 you can run everything on ultra bar maybe some AA settings in some games on 1080p so don't really see the need to upgrade.

smeg4brainsuk

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
No point. The games your playing are all optimised very well for Nvidia GPU's and the GTX570 is an incredibly powerful card to begin with.

If you want to get an extra couple of FPS out of your games then you could happily overclock that card so its more inline with the GTX 580 but until the GTX 6xx series is out you have one of the best cards for the job.

As for SLI it will be worth waiting and deciding on that in the future when more demanding games come out. Then you can decide if you want to SLI it or part-trade it in for something daft like the GTX 690