turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
No, not really, just a tactic to try and trick the horde into looking at factual data.

X2 experiances a 16% perfromance improvement going from 32 bit to 64 bit
Core 2 experiances a 10% perfromance improvement going from 32 bit to 64 bit

Net RESPECTIVE difference = 6% in favor of AMD in the transition from 32 bit to 64 bit.

When integrated into the RELATIVE difference between Core 2 and X2 the results are an overall 14% perfromance increase for Core 2 over X2 in 64bit.

results.png

The full story here:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/core2duo-64bit.html

Peace

Viperabyss

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
No, not really, just a tactic to try and trick the horde into looking at factual data.

X2 experiances a 16% perfromance improvement going from 32 bit to 64 bit
Core 2 experiances a 10% perfromance improvement going from 32 bit to 64 bit

Net RESPECTIVE difference = 6% in favor of AMD in the transition from 32 bit to 64 bit.

When integrated into the RELATIVE difference between Core 2 and X2 the results are an overall 14% perfromance increase for Core 2 over X2 in 64bit.

results.png

The full story here:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/core2duo-64bit.html

Peace
i thought Jack posted this a long time ago. however, if you want to get 9nm and BaronBS to look at this factual data, its fine with me.

on a side note, Jack proved and concluded that X2s only get 12% increase instead of 16% increase under 64bit mode. Also, percentage is a relative term, since it is referred to its original value.

In addition, given the fact that Core 2 is already 20% superior than X2s, 10% of that 20% is probably going to be greater than X2's 12%.

but, keep up the good work. :D

As we have expected, nothing serious has happened. CPUs with Intel Core microarchitecture and EM64T technology work normally in 64-bit modes. No dramatic performance drop has been detected in most benchmarks.

Of course, there are a few applications, when Core 2 Duo work slower in their 64-bit versions than it would in their 32-bit ones. Among them are Windows Media Encoder 9 or 7-zip archiving tool, for instance. However, since the other testing participants have also lost some of their performance in these tasks, the problem is most likely to be not in the microarchitecture. EM64T technology of Core 2 Duo processors has a positive effect on the performance in the majority of applications.

The average performance improvement we have seen from Athlon 64 FX-62 equaled 16%, while Core 2 Extreme X6800 demonstrated only 10% average performance boost. This way, there is a certain difference: AMD K8 turns out 6% mode efficient in 64-bit mode than Intel Core. However, this difference cannot compensate for the 20% performance advantage of the Intel Core 2 Duo over the Athlon 64 X2 working at the same clock speed, which we have pointed out in our previous articles. Therefore, we will not change our conclusions about the performance of the new Intel processors even keeping in mind the upcoming launch of 64-bit Windows Vista OS family.

Your own source just pwned your point.

kye3k1

Distinguished
May 16, 2006
I am gonna smash a load of statistics right back at you.

overall preformance increase (x6800 vs FX-62) = 28.9% in games

this means

FX-62 = 100%
X6800= 128.9%

for 64 bit
FX-62:
100%+16% = 100*1.16= 116% This figure of preformance is still under X6800 using 32bit code
X6800:
128.9%+10%= 128.9*1.1= 141.79%

difference between the two

116/116*100 = base line=100% (for comparison)
141.79/116*100= x6800 = 122.3276%

This means if the games were to use similar coding to those benchmarks in future the Core 2 Extreme will be 22.3276% faster than the FX-62

Stop trying to support the fucking AMD, AMD had its day. Overall they lose.
Hopefully they will try really hard to kick intels ass after being wallopped against a wall so hard which is exactly what happened to intel origionally.

Core 2 Duo has ruled this year at least, we have to wait and see the REAL figures when Vista comes out. Almost all, if not EVERYTHING should be 64bit then.

I am gonna smash a load of statistics right back at you.

overall preformance increase (x6800 vs FX-62) = 28.9% in games

this means

FX-62 = 100%
X6800= 128.9%

for 64 bit
FX-62:
100%+16% = 100*1.16= 116% This figure of preformance is still under X6800 using 32bit code
X6800:
128.9%+10%= 128.9*1.1= 141.79%

difference between the two

116/116*100 = base line=100% (for comparison)
141.79/116*100= x6800 = 122.3276%

This means if the games were to use similar coding to those benchmarks in future the Core 2 Extreme will be 22.3276% faster than the FX-62

Stop trying to support the ****** AMD, AMD had its day. Overall they lose.
Hopefully they will try really hard to kick intels ass after being wallopped against a wall so hard which is exactly what happened to intel origionally.

Core 2 Duo has ruled this year at least, we have to wait and see the REAL figures when Vista comes out. Almost all, if not EVERYTHING should be 64bit then.

^^This^^ translates to:

The average performance improvement we have seen from Athlon 64 FX-62 equaled 16%, while Core 2 Extreme X6800 demonstrated only 10% average performance boost. This way, there is a certain difference: AMD K8 turns out 6% mode efficient in 64-bit mode than Intel Core. However, this difference cannot compensate for the 20% performance advantage of the Intel Core 2 Duo over the Athlon 64 X2 working at the same clock speed, which we have pointed out in our previous articles. Therefore, we will not change our conclusions about the performance of the new Intel processors even keeping in mind the upcoming launch of 64-bit Windows Vista OS family.

Which is in the article he quoted. Stupid fanboys find information and then only pick out the bits and peices they want.

kye3k1

Distinguished
May 16, 2006
I started writing my post before your post was even there, it took ages to do all those calculations :? but at least I have proved my point. Now I gotta get some bench marking software desperately!

I have my E6700 and I want to compare to my D805 3.6OC

What is the best stuff to benchmark my CPU with and where do you get fraps :oops: , gimmie a link I cant be arsed to google

ap90033

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Hey I just bought a Dell E1705 with Core Duo, I guess there is a big difference in performance from it to Core 2? If so will I ever be able to put one on this board?

I started writing my post before your post was even there, it took ages to do all those calculations :? but at least I have proved my point.

I didn't want to confuse the poor fanboy so I tried to make the connection for him. Thanks for writing out all that "math" stuff. Fanboys love misleading graphs in favor of raw performance.

So, AMD Fanboys, if you want to have the pleasure of knowing you'll get a bigger boost from the 32-bit to 64-bit transition, go with AMD.

However, if you want BETTER performance period, go with Intel.

Unless I'm mistaken, the point he was trying to make was the same point the article made:

Intel benefits less from 64-bit on Core 2, but their performance lead is such that they still enjoy a performance advantage over FX-62 in 64-bit mode.

I believe that turpit was saying exactly that... he only titled his post as such to make the "horde" look at the factual data.

ches111

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
Bingo,

We have a winner!!

Zoron and the Viper both were able to READ the actual first post!

He was trying to get the Horde on here 9nm, shakiraboob, Mrs D, Lordpoop, Parrot,..........

He wanted them to respond to the title given the info actually is IN FAVOR of the Intel.

Bait and Switch!!

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
Unless I'm mistaken, the point he was trying to make was the same point the article made:

Intel benefits less from 64-bit on Core 2, but their performance lead is such that they still enjoy a performance advantage over FX-62 in 64-bit mode.

I believe that turpit was saying exactly that... he only titled his post as such to make the "horde" look at the factual data.

:trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy:

WINNA

Well, at least one person actually read the post instead of just the title

Peace

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
Bingo,

We have a winner!!

Zoron and the Viper both were able to READ the actual first post!

He was trying to get the Horde on here 9nm, shakiraboob, Mrs D, Lordpoop, Parrot,..........

He wanted them to respond to the title given the info actually is IN FAVOR of the Intel.

Bait and Switch!!

WINNA # 2

Thats 2. maybe the rest will go back and actually read the post instead of just the title.

Peace

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
I started writing my post before your post was even there, it took ages to do all those calculations :? but at least I have proved my point.

I didn't want to confuse the poor fanboy so I tried to make the connection for him. Thanks for writing out all that "math" stuff. Fanboys love misleading graphs in favor of raw performance.

So, AMD Fanboys, if you want to have the pleasure of knowing you'll get a bigger boost from the 32-bit to 64-bit transition, go with AMD.

However, if you want BETTER performance period, go with Intel.

Dude, Im just rolling on the floor laughing.

Please, GO READ THE FIRST LINE OF THE POST, not just the topic line

Peace

Dude, Im just rolling on the floor laughing.

Please, GO READ THE FIRST LINE OF THE POST, not just the topic line

Peace

I misunderstood what you were trying to say because of your misleading title. My apologies. ( I read your title and skipped to your data without reading what I thought was going to be typical fanboy stuff)

As a result I will ROFLCOPTER myself.

<------------
roflcopter.gif

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
i thought Jack posted this a long time ago. however, if you want to get 9nm and BaronBS to look at this factual data, its fine with me.

on a side note, Jack proved and concluded that X2s only get 12% increase instead of 16% increase under 64bit mode. Also, percentage is a relative term, since it is referred to its original value.

In addition, given the fact that Core 2 is already 20% superior than X2s, 10% of that 20% is probably going to be greater than X2's 12%.

but, keep up the good work. :D

:oops: I missed that one. Do you remember which thread it was in?

WINNA

Peace

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
I misunderstood what you were trying to say because of your misleading title. My apologies. ( I read your title and skipped to your data without reading what I thought was going to be typical fanboy stuff)

No prob. Thats actually what I had intended, but it was aimed at baiting the horde into reading the data :wink:

Peace

Viperabyss

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
:oops: I missed that one. Do you remember which thread it was in?

WINNA

Peace
lolz.. i was wondering when i'll get my trophy of the day :lol:

here is the link:
http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/quot-Conroe-Problematic-64-bit-Performance-quotftopic-192830-days0-orderasc-100.html

...it was started by 9nm as "Core's problematic 64bit performance", and it got locked like.. 2 days after it started :lol:

:oops: I did see that one, but I concentrated on the bottom graph. Guess Im guilty of being an Anti Jack

Peace

ethel

Distinguished
May 20, 2006
This forum is infested with ugly arguments about all this A64 v C2d stuff.

C2D > A64 > P4

That's pretty much all there is to it.

rbbrnsteel

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2006
One chip still does not make up for all the crap that Intel has forced on the consumers over the years. Plus, I look at the Core 2 being a response by Intel by getting its a$$ handed to it in the dual core arena from the start. I hardly doubt that this will be the end of AMD as some Intel pundiots would tell you. If Intel wants to be a leader, then they need to act like it. So far, I have seen very little from Intel showing that they can be a leader, they do better at reacting than leading.

Frankly, I will remain an AMD fan because I know I can trust their product more than I can Intel. Of course, if I want to heat my house this winter I will definately go out and buy some Intel processors because I know they will do a great job of it. If I want a fire, I will get a Mac Cube.

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
One chip still does not make up for all the crap that Intel has forced on the consumers over the years. Plus, I look at the Core 2 being a response by Intel by getting its a$$ handed to it in the dual core arena from the start. I hardly doubt that this will be the end of AMD as some Intel pundiots would tell you. If Intel wants to be a leader, then they need to act like it. So far, I have seen very little from Intel showing that they can be a leader, they do better at reacting than leading.

Frankly, I will remain an AMD fan because I know I can trust their product more than I can Intel. Of course, if I want to heat my house this winter I will definately go out and buy some Intel processors because I know they will do a great job of it. If I want a fire, I will get a Mac Cube.

The above is a perfect example of the problem. People who obsess so much, they confuse reality with ideals. This problem is called delusion.

Allow me to dilute your delusion: Intel is a leader? A leader of whom? A leader of people? The leader of the United Nations?

One chip still does not make up for all the crap that Intel has forced on the consumers over the years

Intel is a commercial enterprise . Intel is not a "leader” They do not enact legislation, they do not enforce policy, they do not support and defend ideals. They manufacture products. Products which are consumed in a free market. Period. They did not "force" anything upon you. The "Intel Consumption Enforcement Squad" did not hunt you down, hold a gun to your head and force you to buy their products. Such a preposterous thing doesn’t exist. You chose.

Now, by leader, if you mean a leader of the technology of the market they are competing in, then based on commercial products currently available to the retail consumer, Intel is the leader. For the moment

Frankly, I will remain an AMD fan because I know I can trust their product more than I can Intel. Of course, if I want to heat my house this winter I will definitely go out and buy some Intel processors because I know they will do a great job of it. If I want a fire, I will get a Mac Cube

Before we proceed we need to do a few things. First, we need to clear up a misconception on your part about heat. in AMD vs. P4, your above statement would be correct. In AMD vs. Core 2, your statement is wrong.[/img]

http://informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=190400181
http://www.itnews.com.au/newsstory.aspx?CIaNID=34904&src=site-marq

power_conroe.png

Next we need to state the definitions of a few words

Dumb: to lack the intellectual capacity to solve problems or successfully use information
Ignorant: to lack information, regardless of intellectual capacity
Stupid: to possess the necessary information and intellectual capacity to correctly solve a problem, but to fail to do so.
Intelligent: To possess the intellectual capacity to solve problems

That done, lets state a problem. A consumer needs a new computer now. The information provided shows Intel’s Core 2’s performance exceeds that of AMD's comparable products by a margin of 20% (12% in 64 bit) The information further proves that in price/unit of performance, Core 2 is a better value than AMD's products. The consumer chooses AMD. Which of the above definitions applies to the consumer?

Let’s use the same problem, but go back six months, and substitute P4 for Conroe. The consumer chooses AMD. Which of the above definitions applies to the consumer in this case?

You have the information. The question that remains, is do you possess the intellectual capacity to make use of that information. For the most part, it’s a free planet. If you wish to purchase a superseded product, it is your choice. But what does that make you? IMO the answer is obvious

Oh, one last thing. Were you attempting to imply I am an Intel fanboy?

I hardly doubt that this will be the end of AMD as some Intel pundiots would tell you.

If so, you better send the AMD Fanboy squad to my house to confiscate the AMD Athlon XP3200 I’m writing this on.