My completed build: Monolith

Hi everyone,

I have finished my 2011 build It ran into 2012 a bit but am satisfied that it will last a while. Please offer any tips/suggestions. :bounce:

Specs:

P8P67 Evo
Intel Core i5 2500k @4.5 stable
8Gb DDR3 1600 @ 7-8-7-24-1n
NVIDIA EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked Signature Edition
2x Crucial M4 128gb in RAID0 - Stripe
Fractal Design Define XL - Black Pearl
Samsung P2450

Gallery: http://imgur.com/a/yY0oO#0
12 answers Last reply
More about completed build monolith
  1. I also want to add that this system is nearly silent at full load. I swapped out al of the fans for Silent Thermaltakes. The cooler is a Corsair H80 in which I also replaced the radiator fans. Also, there is not a single LED on the outside of the case.
  2. Looks very nice! Cable management is really good on it too. What's your opinion on the Corsair H80? What are your temps like at idle/load and how loud is its fan?
  3. Fans are nearly silent at full load. Temps max out at 68ish and there isn't more than a 1 degree difference between the cores. The stock fans on the H80 were noisy but I replaced them with a couple of thermaltakes.
  4. how much does it cosT?
  5. Quote:
    Do you ever plan on running this in SLI?
    ''

At some point in the future as needed, or if I decide to try an nvidia surround setup. It would require a power supply upgrade.
  6. juniiflow said:
    how much does it cosT?

I have upgrade piece by piece over the course of the year. Roughly $1500 ish for the system without peripherals/monitor. I calculated using Neweggs current prices.
  7. gnxkroz said:
    I have upgrade piece by piece over the course of the year. Roughly $1500 ish for the system without peripherals/monitor. I calculated using Neweggs current prices.

ok thank you.
  8. Nice. Congrats on your new build. Love the HDD / SSDs down the bottom in that case :)
  9. Overall nice build ^_^

Only tiff I have with it is the power supply. Plenty of other brands that are more value for performance/features and cost less. Plus I have heard bad things about several toughpowers. Is it a V2?

Other than that everything else is superb choices :)
  10. akamrcrack said:
    Overall nice build ^_^

Only tiff I have with it is the power supply. Plenty of other brands that are more value for performance/features and cost less. Plus I have heard bad things about several toughpowers. Is it a V2?

Other than that everything else is superb choices :)

The power supply is the first thing to be upgraded next especially if I am going to SLI. It was handed down by my pops who is also an enthusiast. Simply put, it just works and has worked fine for a couple of years.
  11. I love that case, I own one too.

Nice build!
  12. gnxkroz said:
    The power supply is the first thing to be upgraded next especially if I am going to SLI. It was handed down by my pops who is also an enthusiast. Simply put, it just works and has worked fine for a couple of years.

Check out the Rosewill Capstone 750W, would easily handle two 680s imo. Plus its a very well made power supply w/ gold rating @ affordable pricing.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Build Systems