Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

photo opportunity

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 5:59:26 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Hello,

How would you like to get your photos on the back cover of a new
national magazine? We are looking for close-up pictures of eyes for the
back of the new mag "Null Hypothesis - the Journal of Unlikely
science".

Pics must be 4 megapixels or above, pin-sharp and include a close up of
an animals eye and/or face.

If you're interested in getting involved, and all published get free
copies of the magazine, please send comments and pics to
dav01@excite.com

Thanks for your time.

DJS

www.null-hypothesis.co.uk

More about : photo opportunity

Anonymous
July 2, 2005 4:30:02 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

<dav01@excite.com> wrote in message
news:1120208366.155522.139030@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> Hello,
>
> How would you like to get your photos on the back cover of a new
> national magazine? We are looking for close-up pictures of eyes for the
> back of the new mag "Null Hypothesis - the Journal of Unlikely
> science".
>
> Pics must be 4 megapixels or above, pin-sharp and include a close up of
> an animals eye and/or face.
>
> If you're interested in getting involved, and all published get free
> copies of the magazine, please send comments and pics to
> dav01@excite.com
>
> Thanks for your time.
>
> DJS

Ooooo-boy!!
A F-R-E-E two dollar magazine!!!
WOW!!!!!

Now go away.
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 9:26:08 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 01:59:26 -0700, dav01 wrote:

> Hello,
>
> How would you like to get your photos on the back cover of a new
> national magazine? We are looking for close-up pictures of eyes for the
> back of the new mag "Null Hypothesis - the Journal of Unlikely
> science".
>
> Pics must be 4 megapixels or above, pin-sharp and include a close up of
> an animals eye and/or face.
>
> If you're interested in getting involved, and all published get free
> copies of the magazine, please send comments and pics to
> dav01@excite.com
>
> Thanks for your time.
>
> DJS
>
> www.null-hypothesis.co.uk
Please publish your rates so that we can see if it is worthwhile.
--
neil
delete delete to reply
Related resources
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 2:06:42 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

If You;re not interested, thats fine, we have had several up and coming
photographers use their photos on our back cover as good publicity for them,
and they've used that in their portfolios. Those people who are not money
grabbing realise that in this case, its a good case of mutual back scratching
- luckily, there are loads of people who want to contribute, leaving the
saddos who money-grab out in the cold.
Thanks for your interest,


Neil Ellwood wrote:
>On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 01:59:26 -0700, dav01 wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 15 lines]
>>
>> www.null-hypothesis.co.uk
>Please publish your rates so that we can see if it is worthwhile.
Anonymous
July 8, 2005 6:05:54 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

jeez, you guys are really touchy aren't you!!!!
Luckily, ther are people far less anal than you, who have submitted
pictures in the last few days. Good luck getting work if ur so
retentive!
D
Anonymous
July 8, 2005 1:22:10 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On 8 Jul 2005 02:05:54 -0700, dav01@excite.com wrote:

>jeez, you guys are really touchy aren't you!!!!
>Luckily, ther are people far less anal than you, who have submitted
>pictures in the last few days. Good luck getting work if ur so
>retentive!
>D

Wake up! Hello, anyone home??

You are looking for a different photographer. Not a "Pro", but someone
who wants the opportunity to showcase his work. Don't even pretend
that you want the pro who has no need to give away his work, becasue
you're not going to get his pics.
Concentrate on your target, and forget the rest. Don't try to convince
them your mag is an opportunity, because they won't see it that way.
Keep your eye on the ball.
Of course, you need to know what the ball is.

--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"
funktionality.blogspot.com
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 5:42:21 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

ok, clearly this seems like a national security thing now! lol
Not a con, just a chance for people to get pictures published - i am
sure you know how hard it is to break into that area. If you "wouldn't
even think" about offering pics, then dont, i probably dont want them
anyway. Luckily, ive had lots of interest so far from those that "would
think" about it!
Hope this will be the end of the matter!
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 5:54:23 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

haha well, the printer, writers, photographers and proof-readers ALL
work for free!!! thats how things have to work sometimes, maybe in your
40 years you'd have known that? so perhaps get facts right before
trying that one.
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 6:19:54 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

<dav01@excite.com> wrote in message
news:1121072063.423449.52890@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> haha well, the printer, writers, photographers and proof-readers ALL
> work for free!!! thats how things have to work sometimes, maybe in your
> 40 years you'd have known that? so perhaps get facts right before
> trying that one.

Is any income in any direct or indirect way derived from the publication of
which you speak by any person, party, company or groups?
What are the expenses of the publication?
How are these expenses paid?
What generates the funds for expenses paid?
What, if anything, is planned for the future of this publication?
Is there any advertising that is in any contained in, or related to, the
publication?
Is there any future hope or plan for using advertising related to the
publication?

Thanks.
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 7:09:46 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

i think the company info is not an issue here! money is generated form
sales, which go back to the basic running costs and producing qualtiy
covers, some ad space is sold too.
we get contributions of photos and articles from the public, which is
very successful.
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 7:29:33 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

<dav01@excite.com> wrote in message
news:1121076586.587292.214390@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>i think the company info is not an issue here!

Perhaps it's not an issue to you.
We weren't discussing your feelings on the matter.

>money is generated form
> sales, which go back to the basic running costs and producing qualtiy
> covers, some ad space is sold too.
> we get contributions of photos and articles from the public, which is
> very successful.

Then why are you hunting for more here?
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 7:39:33 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

>Perhaps it's not an issue to you.
>We weren't discussing your feelings on the matter.

i'm telling you what i want to tell you, not what you want to know.

>Then why are you hunting for more here?

do you think most businesses sit back? i think most are pro-active in
trying to get better and better content, hence the request.
!