Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Power with style.

Last response: in Components
August 20, 2012 10:03:11 PM

Ok, so here is my build so far.

I just have one question.

Is there a power supply similar to this one, with a blue LED fan?

When I say similar, I mean highly rated, sturdy, and lasts long for around the same price. :pt1cable: 

Since everything else in my case is black and blue with LEDs, it will go with the scheme.

Thank you in advance to all who respond. :D 

More about : power style

a c 80 ) Power supply
August 20, 2012 11:29:04 PM

Your build looke good and while you didn't mention anything about a budget you can save a few bucks here and there with other stores. I know paripicker is supposed to get the the lowest available price but sometimes you may end up picking the wrong store.
The 3570K IS $5 cheaper at Newegg.
The motherboard choice can be better with an Asus board.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
It's $129.99 after rebate so this choice saves you another $5.

The power supply is an item that can be hit or miss and you really should get a top quality brand name. Like Seasonic , Antec , XFX , Silverstone or Corsair.

Your other choices are good and you should have a great build for yourself.
m
l
August 20, 2012 11:45:03 PM

inzone said:
Your build looke good and while you didn't mention anything about a budget you can save a few bucks here and there with other stores. I know paripicker is supposed to get the the lowest available price but sometimes you may end up picking the wrong store.
The 3570K IS $5 cheaper at Newegg.
The motherboard choice can be better with an Asus board.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
It's $129.99 after rebate so this choice saves you another $5.

The power supply is an item that can be hit or miss and you really should get a top quality brand name. Like Seasonic , Antec , XFX , Silverstone or Corsair.

Your other choices are good and you should have a great build for yourself.

Hehehe, thank you. :D  I already got the CPU and Mobo, though. At Micro Center, they are doing a special. If you buy a matching motherboard and CPU, they give you $50 off. I got the CPU for 189.99 and the Mobo for 84.99!

And thank you for the tip about the PSU. I want a good strong, long lasting power supply. :p 
m
l
Related resources
a c 243 ) Power supply
August 20, 2012 11:55:51 PM

Corsair GS series has the pretty lights, rather expensive for what they are though
m
l
a c 80 ) Power supply
August 21, 2012 12:20:15 AM

Nanekud said:
Hehehe, thank you. :D  I already got the CPU and Mobo, though. At Micro Center, they are doing a special. If you buy a matching motherboard and CPU, they give you $50 off. I got the CPU for 189.99 and the Mobo for 84.99!

And thank you for the tip about the PSU. I want a good strong, long lasting power supply. :p 

If that's the case then you may want to consider the Seasonic since they make the best and they actually make the insides of the psu for a few of the pther brands , like xfx and Corsair to name a few. I have the 1250w Seasonic Gold and don't anticipate getting another for many years down the road.
m
l
August 21, 2012 12:30:09 AM

Will that build require a 750W PSU? Is that too much? Just the right amount? I know I need more than minimum, I might OC, but don't know yet.
m
l

Best solution

a c 80 ) Power supply
August 21, 2012 12:59:38 AM

There is no rule that syayes that you have to buy a certian size psu , you can get whatever size you want. You will only use what you need and if in the event you make changes like overclocking , adding lights , another video card , more fans or all the above , with getting a larger psu then what you need then you don't have to worry about getting another one because you changed your mind. If you can aford it then why not. I have a 1250w Seasonic and do I need one that big , maybe not but if I add any video cards or anything then I know the psu is set.
August 28, 2012 6:30:36 PM

Best answer selected by Nanekud.
m
l
!