Why not go for the 2550k?

Alternal

Honorable
Aug 19, 2012
Hey everybody,

From what I have read, the good people of the internet have generally had a negative response to the 2550k. But from what I can tell, it is because it is being sold for more than the 2500k, and if it was cheaper people would be happy with it. The interesting thing for me is that the site I'm looking to get it from, it is cheaper, and by quite a bit. I live in Ireland so the choice of places to buy parts really isn't great. I will be buying from http://www1.hardwareversand.de as it is just about the cheapest for where I live. The 2550k is €25 cheaper than a 2500k and €35 cheaper than a 3570k off this site.

I am a bit hesitant about going for one as there is hardly anything good said about them, and not many reviews, but if it really is just a 2500k without the igpu then I should be fine saving a bit by going for it, as I'm getting a Radeon HD7850 anyway. If there any other reasons to stay away for it, or if I should spend the extra on the 2500k or 3570k, please let me know.

I will be overclocking it, so if I could reach the same performance as the 3570k, why not just save the €35?

Thanks for the help.

Alternal

Honorable
Aug 19, 2012
Thanks amuffin, I was hoping it was just that simple.

My concert is lack of positive feedback on it, and my biggest worry is if there are any other problems with it or reasons not to go for it. If not, then I'll grab it and be happy with saving €35. If the price is most peoples only issue with it, then I think it is the best option for me.