BF3, EyeFinity opinions and experiences requested.

SinisterSalad

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
Good day all,

I'll start off by stating that my current rig should be listed in my signature below. I recently found a good deal on a couple monitors and made the jump to Eyefinity 3x1 (1080p). Now, with my Crossfired 6870s, I was not expecting miracles, but was a little disappointed that the best I can do is about 35fps on low settings. I haven't tried doing an OC on the cards yet, but I can't see it getting much better. I am venturing to guess that the 1 GB VRAM is more of a bottleneck than anything. I'm looking to see if there are those out here with more up to date experiences than those I found while searching the forums.

I would like recommendations on how to achieve at least a decent framerate on medium settings. The GPU charts on here do not seem to include crossfired 6870s in the list anymore for comparison. So, the question is - 7950, 7970, or 6950 2GB in Crossfire? Bear in mind that I've spent more on this hobby than I'd care to admit to the Mrs., lol.

Oh, and if you haven't already, join the BF3 platoon. :D

SinisterSalad

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
I had a bad feeling that was going to be the 1st answer, lol. I would'n need ultra settings, per se. I currently play at high with a bit of AA on a single monitor. I suppose I can afford that guy once I sell off the 6870s and work a few more PC side jobs... ugh, my wife's gonna kill me! lol

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011

well you can get one of those too it should be enough vram already:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121489