wiki258

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2011
Hello,
guys can we connect DVI D dual link cable to a DVI I dual link output??
like my monitor has a dual link DVI D output and gpu has dual link DVI I output.so can i connect my DVI D dual link cable on both sides without using any converter..??

Solution
Almost everyone does it without thinking about it. All cards I've ever seen have DVI-I outputs, including the one I have, but almost all monitors are DVI-D. I use a DVI-D Dual-Link cable on my graphics cards and connect it to the DVI-D connection on my monitor.

DVI-I is a universal connection type. It accepts both digital and analog cables.
Almost everyone does it without thinking about it. All cards I've ever seen have DVI-I outputs, including the one I have, but almost all monitors are DVI-D. I use a DVI-D Dual-Link cable on my graphics cards and connect it to the DVI-D connection on my monitor.

DVI-I is a universal connection type. It accepts both digital and analog cables.

Solution

TeraMedia

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
Yes you can do this, no converter required. DVI-I by design supports DVI-D and DVI-A connections. As long as the GPU output connector and cable are dual-link (I assume you have a high-res monitor?), you should not have any problems.

Be aware that some newer GPUs have single- and/or dual-link DVI-I or DVI-D outputs on the same card. Check the GPU specs to be sure.