Solved

PC Speaker suggestions

Hey guys, A long time ago I bought a gateway PC. It came with the boston acoustics BA7900 5.1 surround system. I've built a few pc's since then, but have always used these speakers. I always thought the sound was amazing, and the bass was very powerful. Lately I've been having a problem with a short in the master volume knob on the control unit. I have to wiggle it for long periods to get the sound playing through BOTH front channels, it tries to play through just one at a time. I don't really care about the surround anymore, so just a good 2.1 system with comparable bass and power is what I'm looking for. I would just replace the control unit, but I fear this is so old I won't even be able to find the speaker system itself, let alone one component from it. Checked a couple of sites and the system was labeled out of stock. So, I think I need a new setup, but I don't want to downgrade to less sound quality. Price is no object, unless you're talking like over 500 or something. This systems sub-woofer is an 8" in a vented enclosure. Want the bass. Any suggestions?
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about speaker suggestions
  1. Thank you for the links. I did look through tigerdirect, amazon and newegg for speakers. I even looked up reviews on some of these. It's just hard to know whether or not they will be as loud as my current ones, just by reading about them. I was hoping there was someone on here who has heard what the BA 7900's sound like, and new for a fact which new speakers were comparable. I know that sounds a bit ridiculous, I just don't like spending money to be disappointed. Thank you for the response!
  2. Best answer
    Most of the logitech ones and the Edifier ones should be loud and bassy, you could get a Hi fi like this- http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-FWM608-12-Subwoofer-System/dp/B003DQ3PG4/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1345540344&sr=8-19

And go overkill.
  3. Best answer selected by lambofgod008.
  4. Thanks man, and wow, that philips is crazy,lol. 600 watts in that thing. that's awesome!
  5. Just ordered the SP2500 from corsair. Every review I read said these were amazing. I guess, given the age of my speakers, it is highly probable a new system like this won't be a step back as far as audio quality goes. Again, thank you jay_nar!
Ask a new question

Read More

Speakers Gateway Components