May 6, 2012
I was going to buy this pre-built while I have the cash:

Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit
Intel Core i7 Quad-Core Processor featuring 8 threads
Dual Radeon 6770 Video Card in Crossfire Configuration
750 Watt Power Supply
16GB of DDR3 Memory
Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0

I live in an apartment that has archaic hpna adapters and only support up to winxp 32. Is it possible to dual boot this prebuilt in winxp 32 and lose a lot of functionality I'd guess, until I move and get better internet? Thanks for any help :)

Solution
I haven't seen HPNA adapters in years, but the last ones I used were simple coax to ethernet adapters, in which case no drivers needed.I don't know how it connects to your computer now, but a "new" one costs $80. I would much rather spend that than install xp on a dual boot. You could probably even run a router of it and have wifi in your apartment.

Supermuncher85

Distinguished
I haven't seen HPNA adapters in years, but the last ones I used were simple coax to ethernet adapters, in which case no drivers needed.I don't know how it connects to your computer now, but a "new" one costs $80. I would much rather spend that than install xp on a dual boot. You could probably even run a router of it and have wifi in your apartment.

Solution

TBildmer

Honorable
May 6, 2012
Thanks for the quick reply! I read what you posted to a friend and he says he knows how to set me up now with your suggestions. Great thinking Supermunch, thanks for all.