Best OC software for an Unlocked 6950?

vollman1

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
After unlocking the shaders my new 6950 using a modified 6950 bios, I was disappointed to learn that MSI Afterburner doesn't allow voltage control, even after editing the config file and selectinig the voltage options in the settings screen.

I am not sure why, but I read something about it not allowing voltage control for unlocked 6950s that have flashed a new bios. I thought that this only for cards flashing to a 6970 bios.

Am I missing something in MSI Afterburner or am I SOL because I modified my bios?

If I can't use Afterburner, what is the next best (or better) software to use in OCing my 6950?

Looking for any help I can get here.

Thanks.

vollman1

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
Honestly, I am not totally sure what the power setting in CCC does. I have heard that you should set it higher if you are adjusting voltages using another program like MSI AB or Asus Smartdoctor, but I don't know how it functions at all.

Is it like a voltage offset?

Maybe someone who knows can explain it for us.

btw...

I found out that I can set voltage in Asus Smartdoctor and exit with the setting still in effect. Then adjust the clocks using MSI AB. Just in case anyone is following this thread.

SkyWalker1726

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007

u can use hardwaremonitor or similar programs to read GPU Voltages , if changing the offset via CCC changes the value read by the software , then problem is solved and no need to combine two different software

vollman1

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
Looks like my solution is to use a combo of:

1) Asus SmartDoctor for voltage changes

2) MSI Afterburner for setting clocks

3) CCC for setting +20% power

Does anyone see any problems with using all three of these, or have any experience doing it like this?

TRENDING THREADS