Connecting 6600 to PC via bluetooth - help needed!

I got a Nokia 6600 mobile phone on O2 last week and I really like it. It
came with Nokia Data Suite but at present I have no way of connecting my
6600 my PC. What I want to be able to do is to use Nokia Data suite to
backup all the phone numbers in the phone.
I want to buy a Bluetooth adapter or dongle to allow my PC to connect
wirelessly to my Nokia 6600 but I have some questions that I hope you can
help me with.

Will I be able to use Bluetooth with Nokia Data Suite to backup all my phone
numbers on my 6600?

I have noticed that some things are called Bluetooth adapters and some are
called Bluetooth dongles, are they basically the same things just with a
different name or are they completely different? Which do I need a dongle or
adapter?

I have found a few Bluetooth adapters/dongles they may be suitable but I am
not sure, are any of the following items suitable to connect my PC to my
Nokia 6600 to allow me to backup all my telephone numbers?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00006B7DB/qid=1084105047/sr=1-6/re
f=sr_1_11_6/202-5815104-8530237
http://www.dabs.com/uk/productView.htm?quicklinx=30KT
There is Windigo Bluetooth USB Dongle/Adaptor, Generic TBD305 at
www.savastore.com

Can you recommend any make & model that you have used with PC and Nokia 6600
that is more suitable than those I have listed above?

Is there anything particular that I need to look for in a Bluetooth
adapter/dongle to connect my PC to my Nokia 6600?

For information I am in the UK.

I appreciate any help and information you can give me.

Thanks!!
1 answer Last reply
More about connecting 6600 bluetooth needed

    Neil,

    If you have a Maplin store near you, then they sell a couple of different
    ones.

    I have the Sitecom Bluetooth dongle (adaptor/widget!).

    Can't get the bugger to work on my system (Windows ME), as Mrouter can't
    find a (virtual) serial port. DOES however work under Windows 98.

    Cost about 25£, but I'm sure you'll find other brands available, cheaper and
    dearer.

    Good luck

    "Neil Hindry" <neilhindry@_nospamthankyou_ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > I got a Nokia 6600 mobile phone on O2 last week and I really like it. It
    > came with Nokia Data Suite but at present I have no way of connecting my
    > 6600 my PC. What I want to be able to do is to use Nokia Data suite to
    > backup all the phone numbers in the phone.
    > I want to buy a Bluetooth adapter or dongle to allow my PC to connect
    > wirelessly to my Nokia 6600 but I have some questions that I hope you can
    > help me with.
    >
    > Will I be able to use Bluetooth with Nokia Data Suite to backup all my
    phone
    > numbers on my 6600?
    >
    > I have noticed that some things are called Bluetooth adapters and some are
    > called Bluetooth dongles, are they basically the same things just with a
    > different name or are they completely different? Which do I need a dongle
    or
    > adapter?
    >
    > I have found a few Bluetooth adapters/dongles they may be suitable but I
    am
    > not sure, are any of the following items suitable to connect my PC to my
    > Nokia 6600 to allow me to backup all my telephone numbers?

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00006B7DB/qid=1084105047/sr=1-6/re
    > f=sr_1_11_6/202-5815104-8530237
    > http://www.dabs.com/uk/productView.htm?quicklinx=30KT
    > There is Windigo Bluetooth USB Dongle/Adaptor, Generic TBD305 at
    > www.savastore.com
    >
    > Can you recommend any make & model that you have used with PC and Nokia
    6600
    > that is more suitable than those I have listed above?
    >
    > Is there anything particular that I need to look for in a Bluetooth
    > adapter/dongle to connect my PC to my Nokia 6600?
    >
    > For information I am in the UK.
    >
    > I appreciate any help and information you can give me.
    >
    > Thanks!!

Nokia Phones Bluetooth