Solved

2 Days to Order !!!! Corsair Vs PcP

Hi guys.

My last PSU [Silent Pro m700] (that i was going to order ) went to high with shipping so i didnt get it .

im willing to spend up to 100 Euros

Im buying from www.hardwareversand.de www.mindfactory.de www.vv-computer.de

So im up to these 3 now

Corsair TX 650W V2 76 Euro 5 Year warranty

950W PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk II 100Euro 7 Year warranty

USED Corsair HX850 850W Power Supply Corsair 110 Euro 3 year warranty and 1 YEAR USED
15 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about days order corsair
  1. The PC P&C would be my choice unless its power is absolute overkill for your rig and the 24 euros can be used for something else. I would not consider used!
  2. Personally I would go with the Corsair.
  3. Go with the P&C if you can use that much power. It is a very solid power supply and is a steal for that price since it is only a couple of percentages shy in only one category of getting a Gold rating in energy efficiency.

I did this same search less than 6 months ago, I read quite a few reviews and found that the P&C power supply stood with the best of them.

That being said I agree with rolli, if you aren't going to come close to using 950W then there is no reason to buy this. Efficiency gets worse quickly if you draw less 70% of the total wattage output of a PSU.
  4. The 650w is overkill for your specs
  5. j2j663 said:
    Efficiency gets worse quickly if you draw less 70% of the total wattage output of a PSU.

This will be of some use to you
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/343495-28-power-supply-efficiency-myths
  6. So what PSU do u guys suggest me for up to 100 Euros. 650W is enough for me ?

PSU list starting from 100 euro and below .
  7. Your system would run on a 500-550watt no problem, here is a quality 600watt from PC P&C http://www.heise.de/preisvergleich/703756
  8. j2j663 said:
    Efficiency gets worse quickly if you draw less 70% of the total wattage output of a PSU.

U mean that my PSU will die faster if i dont use 950 W ?

From Pc&P

600W is 74E + ship
    750W 92E +ship
    950W 107E + ship
  9. prototype18 said:
    U mean that my PSU will die faster if i dont use 950 W ?

From Pc&P

600W is 63E
    750W 92E
    950W 100E

No he means that the efficiency is less at lower loads. With 950watts and a system that pulls most likely less than 400watts average you will be running 30-40% load.
  10. Does this change anything about wattage :

I have a 9800gtx+ EVGA . I will use it for some time till i get my 6950 .

Edit :

How about this

Enthusiast Series TX750 ” 80 PLUS® Certified Power Supply 80-110$
  11. Best answer
    It will still run on any 500-550watt quality PSU just fine. The TX Corsair PSU's are quality.
  12. Than ill get the TX ;) Its the first version and on newegg have tons of 5 star review. Hope it dsnt fail and i think it has some warranty. Ill come back later and tell you about it :)
  13. That PSU had 5 year warranty so i ended up chasin it :D As im buying from ebay it needs 4 days more to end :)

Thank you all
  14. Best answer selected by prototype18.
  15. Good choice :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Corsair Components