Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Final FeedBack.

Last response: in Systems
Share
May 6, 2012 6:45:56 PM

DONT NEED: OS,KEYBOARD,MOUSE,SPEAKERS

what i need: GPU [If Possible 1gb DRR5]

Budget: $800

ASRock H77 Pro4-M LGA 1155 Intel H77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...

G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C9D-8GAO

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

High Current Gamer Series 520W ATX Power Supply

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...


SONY Black 18X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA DVD-ROM Drive Model DDU1681S-0B - OEM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Zalman Z9 Plus ATX Mid Tower Case Black 3X5.25 1X3.5 5X3.5INT No PS W/ Fan Controller & Temp Display

http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=57910&vpn=Z9%20Plus&ma...

Seagate 500GB Pipeline HD SATA 3Gb s Internal Hard Drive

http://www.macconnection.com/IPA/Shop/Product/Detail.ht...




ADDITIONAL COMMENTs: ANY WEBSITES NOT RECOMENDED TO BUY FROM in the list? I am a Graphic Designer , not a gamer.

More about : final feedback

May 6, 2012 6:58:39 PM

Is IT GOOD or HORRIBLE? nobody ????
m
0
l
May 6, 2012 7:00:56 PM

Please, lay off on the caps.

The build seems fine. Do you intend to use the integrated graphics for this build?
m
0
l
Related resources
May 6, 2012 7:04:14 PM

blazorthon said:
Please, lay off on the caps.

The build seems fine. Do you intend to use the integrated graphics for this build?


well: i put neeeded: GPU = Graphics card [ no offense ]

yes i do need it. i think that is the last thing
m
0
l
May 6, 2012 7:16:22 PM

Ehh, my bad. What is the most that you want to spend on the graphics card itself?
m
0
l
May 6, 2012 7:17:18 PM

blazorthon said:
Ehh, my bad. What is the most that you want to spend on the graphics card itself?



well that entire stuff ^^^^ is 630 and budget is 800

$100 - $150
m
0
l
May 6, 2012 7:20:19 PM

What exactly do you need the card to do? Does it need high SP compute or high DP compute, or both, or something like that? Does it need to be a Nvidia card for CUDA? I'm not an expert on professional needs for graphics, so I don't know exactly what you need for graphics.
m
0
l
May 6, 2012 7:21:55 PM

blazorthon said:
What exactly do you need the card to do? Does it need high SP compute or high DP compute, or both, or something like that? Does it need to be a Nvidia card for CUDA? I'm not an expert on professional needs for graphics, so I don't know exactly what you need for graphics.



well simply a normal 1gb GPU does it GDRR5 would also be cool.

and can you telll me what is CUDA?

BTW brands gotta be, ATI or NVIDIA
m
0
l
May 6, 2012 7:43:46 PM

You're a graphics designer and you've never heard of CUDA? Can you tell me more specifics of your work? It's just kinda odd to not know what it is, but to work in graphics design.

CUDA is a programming language for GPU acceleration or some GPGPU (general purpose GPU) compute workloads that would otherwise need a CPU. OpenCL is another such language. CUDA is Nvidia cards only. OpenCL works on Nvidia cards, AMD cards, and to a lesser extent, also on CPUs.

Some programs can take advantage of them to speed up some jobs. For example, Photoshop can speed up the application of some filters and such on very large pictures by using the GPU's cores to do the work instead of the CPU (GPU cores are simpler than CPUs and their FPUs, but there are just so many GPU cores on high end GPUs that the GPU can overwhelm the CPU when it comes to very parallel workloads). Some programs use CUDA, some use OpenCL, and some use both (those that use both generally prefer CUDA).

There are a lot of cards with 1GB of GDDR5. However, keep in mind that the amount of RAM does not define performance. For example, a Geforce GT 430 with 4GB of GDDR5 will still be far slower than a GTX 460 with 768MB of GDDR5.

Decent cards in that budget range include the Radeon 7770, Radeon 6850, Radeon 6870, GTX 460 1GB 256 bit, GTX 465, and the Radeon 5850. Except for the 768MB GTX 460, I think that they all have 1GB of GDDR5 VRAM by default.

The performance tiers go like this for gaming:


bottom: Radeon 7770, Radeon 6850, GTX 460 1GB 256 bit, and GTX 465
Top: Radeon 6870, Radeon 5850

I don't know quite how well they stack up for professional work, but I would think that except for the 7770 probably equaling or beating the top and the rest of the Radeons not doing as well, it would look similar for OpenCL performance. Just remember that the GTX cards are the ones that can do CUDA and if that is important to you, then they would be better.

The 7770 is the most energy efficient of them and is the newest. The 6870 and 5850 are the faster cards, but not by a lot (less than 25% faster than the rest). I'd get the 7770 just because of the better efficiency, unless you want CUDA.

Like I said, I'm not a professional graphics expert, so take this with a grain of salt. You could start up a thread about the graphics card that has a name such as "best sub $150 graphics card for graphics design work"
m
0
l
May 6, 2012 7:45:50 PM

mmm, i am a normla graphic designer. we dont really research about computers i seen graphic designers use integrated grpahic cards [ horrible ] .

and cna u send me a link to a good graphic card?
m
0
l

Best solution

May 6, 2012 8:21:37 PM

6870 for $149.99 ($20 MIR from $179.99, free shipping)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

6850 for $129.99 ($20 MIR from $149.99, $7.56 shipping)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

7770 for $134.99 ($6.98 shipping)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

That's all that I could find for these cards on Newegg. The other cards that I mentioned seem to be too old to be made anymore.
Share
May 6, 2012 8:35:07 PM

blazorthon said:
6870 for $149.99 ($20 MIR from $179.99, free shipping)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

6850 for $129.99 ($20 MIR from $149.99, $7.56 shipping)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

7770 for $134.99 ($6.98 shipping)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

That's all that I could find for these cards on Newegg. The other cards that I mentioned seem to be too old to be made anymore.



thank you, BTW, is there any Graphic Cards that suport CUDA?

if so can u link me one to here. just to see the price and maybe upgrade later.

or just give out names and i will loook for them

btw i apreciate your help
m
0
l
May 6, 2012 8:35:19 PM

Best answer selected by juniiflow.
m
0
l
May 7, 2012 12:11:25 AM

The 550 TI should support CUDA.
m
0
l
May 7, 2012 12:22:34 AM

The 550 TI, for gaming, would be the slowest of these graphics cards. I don't know how it would hold up for professional work and compute. Granted, I'm not completely sure how the Radeons and the Geforce cards stand against each other for this.

EDIT:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I think that this would be better than the 550 TI, despite it being cheaper. It might keep up with the GTX 460.
m
0
l
May 7, 2012 12:49:59 AM

blazorthon said:
The 550 TI, for gaming, would be the slowest of these graphics cards. I don't know how it would hold up for professional work and compute. Granted, I'm not completely sure how the Radeons and the Geforce cards stand against each other for this.

EDIT:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I think that this would be better than the 550 TI, despite it being cheaper. It might keep up with the GTX 460.


http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=56356&vpn=EAH6850%20DC...

how abotu that one?
m
0
l
May 7, 2012 1:00:23 AM

blazorthon said:
All Radeon cards are either AMD or Ati and neither of them support CUDA. That's a Radeon 6850, so no CUDA there.



i know but i am asking is it betteR?
m
0
l
May 7, 2012 1:14:11 AM

Sorry, but I don't know. I think that your best bet would either be the 7770 or the GTX 560 SE. I don't know which one you should get.

Which one wins varies by a large number of factors that include, but are not limited to, the specific task that the software is being used for at any specific time, and the language being used (OpenCL or CUDA).

Maybe you can find someone who is more knowledgeable about professional graphics cards. Like I said, you might be better off if you start a new thread with the title that I suggested.
m
0
l
May 7, 2012 2:12:44 AM

blazorthon said:
Sorry, but I don't know. I think that your best bet would either be the 7770 or the GTX 560 SE. I don't know which one you should get.

Which one wins varies by a large number of factors that include, but are not limited to, the specific task that the software is being used for at any specific time, and the language being used (OpenCL or CUDA).

Maybe you can find someone who is more knowledgeable about professional graphics cards. Like I said, you might be better off if you start a new thread with the title that I suggested.



i did but nobody from the pros comment or nothing. i dont know why , i dont know if they dnot want to or they dont see it.
m
0
l
May 7, 2012 2:19:28 AM

Sometimes it takes a while. Give it a day or two. If you must buy right now, then get the 560 SE. If you can wait, then wait for better advice.
m
0
l
May 7, 2012 2:21:55 AM

blazorthon said:
Sometimes it takes a while. Give it a day or two. If you must buy right now, then get the 560 SE. If you can wait, then wait for better advice.



i pick up another gpu it was the radeon , but now they toll me the motherboard was bad, and i want to know wich one could be better and where to buy it.


http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
May 7, 2012 2:33:15 AM

The 6850 that you just linked is about $2 cheaper than the one that I linked to you earlier. It, being a Radeon, has no CUDA, but if a 6850 is what you want, then you can save $2 by choosing this one instead of the one that I found.

As for the motherboard, it looks fine to me. I would prefer to buy a motherboard that has some reviews on it, but it doesn't look bad at all. I would prefer that it had an HDMI port, but the lack on one is not unforgivable. A $5 DVI+audio to HDMI adapting cable would solve that problem easily. Did they give specific reasons for why they did not like the motherboard? Perhaps I missed something.
m
0
l
May 7, 2012 2:44:55 AM

blazorthon said:
The 6850 that you just linked is about $2 cheaper than the one that I linked to you earlier. It, being a Radeon, has no CUDA, but if a 6850 is what you want, then you can save $2 by choosing this one instead of the one that I found.

As for the motherboard, it looks fine to me. I would prefer to buy a motherboard that has some reviews on it, but it doesn't look bad at all. I would prefer that it had an HDMI port, but the lack on one is not unforgivable. A $5 DVI+audio to HDMI adapting cable would solve that problem easily. Did they give specific reasons for why they did not like the motherboard? Perhaps I missed something.



well he just say it was't a good one...

but than if i buy a asus i dont know if the bidget will be the same.


i just want to get this thing done. i knoww that even if a buy a low ass i5 1 gen, it would be ok, but i prefer buying a computer that i will know would lat 1 year for myself. and also i can uupdate stuff later on.
m
0
l
May 7, 2012 2:51:55 AM

All H77 motherboards will work with Ivy Bridge processors such as the i7-3770.

I think that this person just hates on ASRock. Any of these boards should be just fine. Having a more expensive motherboard does not improve stock/default performance.
m
0
l
May 7, 2012 2:55:32 AM

blazorthon said:
All H77 motherboards will work with Ivy Bridge processors such as the i7-3770.

I think that this person just hates on ASRock. Any of these boards should be just fine. Having a more expensive motherboard does not improve stock/default performance.


dafuccc!!!!!!!! -___________________________________________________________________-

and i wasted my entire evening loooking for thatttt anwerss, i just want to kill myself -___-

thank you tough.

a am post the new build list now
m
0
l
May 7, 2012 3:02:03 AM

Sorry about not mentioning that a few hours ago.

More expensive motherboards are for extra features, connectivity, and better overclocking performance. Stock (aka default) performance is, for all practical purposes, identical across pretty much all motherboards compatible with the i7-3770. This is generally true for all motherboards as well.
m
0
l
May 7, 2012 3:14:56 AM

blazorthon said:
Sorry about not mentioning that a few hours ago.

More expensive motherboards are for extra features, connectivity, and better overclocking performance. Stock (aka default) performance is, for all practical purposes, identical across pretty much all motherboards compatible with the i7-3770. This is generally true for all motherboards as well.



look the i7 alone is 310 on newegg and i found it at 290 on someother page, would you recomend another motherboard?

out of the list that i gave you..
m
0
l
May 7, 2012 3:59:27 AM

thank you i am cheking
m
0
l
!