Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

1 massive server-running computer

Last response: in Systems
Share
May 6, 2012 7:07:30 PM

This computer only needs to run 1 gaming server (Minecraft) 24/7 with 100+ users. Will be used for nothing else.

live in US
prefer newegg.com
nothing else much to say.
May 6, 2012 7:25:29 PM

Apollo68 said:
This computer only needs to run 1 gaming server (Minecraft) 24/7 with 100+ users. Will be used for nothing else.

live in US
prefer newegg.com
nothing else much to say.


you probably will not get as much help since you have done no work. go do your own research and homework and then come back for validation. we dont want to do your work for you.
m
0
l
May 6, 2012 7:27:11 PM

Assuming .5 megabits per player, do you even have a 50Mbit upload? It's possible that this number is incorrect, but still. Anyways, I'll dig around, but you might want to do some research yourself since you're the one who's going to be running it.
m
0
l
Related resources
May 6, 2012 7:49:08 PM

yeah for the internet speed will be around 50 mbit upload, what i am concerned is how much ram i will need and what processor hard drive, etc. so that i can run it 24/7 without it overheating.
m
0
l
May 6, 2012 8:35:56 PM

Apollo68 said:
without it overheating.


Wat....

Any well built computer will not overheat from running 24/7.
m
0
l
May 6, 2012 9:10:05 PM

well then what parts should i buy in order for it not to over heat i also want this to be pretty inexpensive if possible for the simple use
m
0
l
May 6, 2012 9:12:11 PM

Apollo68 said:
well then what parts should i buy in order for it not to over heat i also want this to be pretty inexpensive if possible for the simple use


you want us to build it for you too?
m
0
l
May 6, 2012 9:17:37 PM

have a look at getting duel xeons and about 32gb ram or more, but for a 100+ people you are going to need 50+mb upload and thats not cheap, i really dont think you have thought about this its going to cost several hundred $ just to keep it running never mind the cost of the PC.
m
0
l
May 6, 2012 9:18:33 PM

I agree, put some damn effort into it and youll get some assistance, threads where people say this is what I want build it for me dont work around here.
m
0
l
Anonymous
May 6, 2012 9:25:05 PM

If dont have much money and still want to come up with a massive performance rig , read the book "google story" . I dont mean that u r going to set up for the whole bunch of people but the book is a good read. Their decisions , their budget, how they purchased and how they selected the products according to budget constraints so so.

This book is a good read
m
0
l
May 11, 2012 10:59:59 PM

no i don't want u to build it, i'm talking several hundred for the comp, tht is why is want it cheap, because the internet speed is going to be expensive, i just want a parts list.
m
0
l
May 12, 2012 1:57:37 AM

Apollo68 said:
no i don't want u to build it, i'm talking several hundred for the comp, tht is why is want it cheap, because the internet speed is going to be expensive, i just want a parts list.

your not going to get help because you havent even put effort into this build.
m
0
l
!