1 massive server-running computer

Apollo68

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012
This computer only needs to run 1 gaming server (Minecraft) 24/7 with 100+ users. Will be used for nothing else.

live in US
prefer newegg.com
nothing else much to say.

cbrunnem

Distinguished

you probably will not get as much help since you have done no work. go do your own research and homework and then come back for validation. we dont want to do your work for you.

jdog2pt0

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
Assuming .5 megabits per player, do you even have a 50Mbit upload? It's possible that this number is incorrect, but still. Anyways, I'll dig around, but you might want to do some research yourself since you're the one who's going to be running it.

Apollo68

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012
yeah for the internet speed will be around 50 mbit upload, what i am concerned is how much ram i will need and what processor hard drive, etc. so that i can run it 24/7 without it overheating.

mercer95

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
have a look at getting duel xeons and about 32gb ram or more, but for a 100+ people you are going to need 50+mb upload and thats not cheap, i really dont think you have thought about this its going to cost several hundred $ just to keep it running never mind the cost of the PC.

G

If dont have much money and still want to come up with a massive performance rig , read the book "google story" . I dont mean that u r going to set up for the whole bunch of people but the book is a good read. Their decisions , their budget, how they purchased and how they selected the products according to budget constraints so so.

This book is a good read

Apollo68

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012
no i don't want u to build it, i'm talking several hundred for the comp, tht is why is want it cheap, because the internet speed is going to be expensive, i just want a parts list.

cbrunnem

Distinguished

your not going to get help because you havent even put effort into this build.