GTX 560ti/ 560ti 448/ GTX460/80

Jozzle

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
Hi there,

I've just had my old Nvidia 9800GX2 die on me... started exporting a video from After Effects and I suddenly got screen distortion and now it's permanently there and the PC seems to think there's no driver and GPUz reads no clock speeds.
So, it's time for a new card.

Plus, it's an emergency for a big project next week.

I've been looking at my options with Overclockers UK and there are so many options, it's becoming quite confusing.

The current system is:
Evga 790i Ultra SLI
Intel E8500
4GB DDR3 Ballistix Memory
Windows 7 64bit

Primarily, I was looking at the GTX 560 from MSI. They have a few variations though... 560ti 448 cores or standard cores. However the standard comes with the choice of 1024mb or 2048mb.
The clock speeds on the 448 core are lower but can be overclocked to match, but it's still 1025mb.

Then I've seen the EVGA GTX 480 and 460 Superclocked which are both cheaper. The 480 has 1536mb and slightly lower clock speeds, I think.

The main purpose of the system is general use, very little gaming, but a lot of Photoshop, After Effects and Premiere Pro, so whichever card would help those to perform, render, export etc the fastest would be best, rather than the best for gaming.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe

The 480 is a good deal right now, i was checking those cards out, if i would have know the prices of those cards a month ago.........as for the GTX 560 ti, the 448 core out performs a GTX 480, because the 500 series are the revisions of the 400 series. tho the 480 has a few extra more cuda cores, if you look at performance comparison charts you cold tell. but eh i don't think the 448 core is worth the extra 50$ compared to the 480.

So......

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130759

Thats my answer bill....

Jozzle

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
Thanks for your reply, I'll look into that one.

Any other opinions also valued... it's a slight emergency as I have to work on a big project next week and can't do much with no graphics.

Thanks,
Joe

You did a great choice. Asus was chosen recently as the best normal gpu manufacturer (MSI got the best for custom cooling).
The one you get is around 10% overclocked. 900Mhz vs 822Mhz. So you should expect a little boost on the performance.
Cheers.

jeffredo

Distinguished

Tigerdirect has the exact same deal. Still in stock as of this morning.