Any one know a good cooler for the i7 3770k

Last response: in Components
August 22, 2012 3:52:27 AM

anyone know a good cooler for the intel i7 3770k cpu

More about : good cooler 3770k

August 22, 2012 4:06:00 AM

manjit_10 said:
anyone know a good cooler for the intel i7 3770k cpu

Anyone of the Big 3 air cooler: Silver Arrow, Noctua NH-D14 and the Phantek PH-TC14PE should be plenty to cool you 3770K.

If you are obsessed with tall Ram and despise low profile Ram then your option would be liquid coolers like H80/H100.
m
l
Related resources
a c 109 à CPUs
August 22, 2012 3:15:39 PM

Stock?

Or this

m
l
a c 832 à CPUs
August 22, 2012 3:16:16 PM

What case and board do you have?
m
l
a c 832 à CPUs
August 22, 2012 3:19:00 PM

What case and board do you have?
m
l
August 22, 2012 4:55:06 PM

i am gonna get the ASRock Z77 Extreme4 and am looking for a good case but i was looking at the COOLER MASTER Storm Scout SGC-2000-KKN1-GP Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
m
l
a c 832 à CPUs
August 22, 2012 5:00:41 PM

Good choice on the case,plenty of room for a nice cooler.Nice motherboard.
m
l
August 22, 2012 5:21:15 PM

but will the mobo fit in that case??? and it comes with 2 fans i think and i was gonna get another one
m
l
a c 832 à CPUs
August 22, 2012 6:26:05 PM

The evo will fit in that case.
m
l
August 22, 2012 6:27:23 PM

manjit_10 said:
but will the mobo fit in that case??? and it comes with 2 fans i think and i was gonna get another one

Mobo will fit just fine, Extreme 4 is the same length as standard ATX which you case supports, it is actually a little shorter on the far side so you have to support it when plugin in the 24Pin ATX power and Ram so it won't bend(called "flex"), or just attach them onto of the mobo box and then bolt the mobo onto the stands inside the case.

You want to double check the HSF clearance for your case and the height of the Cooler you are getting, Hyper 212 for example is 159mm high, so your case's HSF clearance have to be larger than that. Also, get Low Profile Ram(Corsair Vegenance Low Profile is the best(26.25mm tall), but you can get G.Skill Ares(32mm) too.
m
l
August 22, 2012 11:22:25 PM

what do you mean my case is a bit short???? cause i dont wanna put any pressure on it and what kind of ram should i get with this mobo and case was looking to get 8gb ram and a fann i just need help with those 2
m
l
August 22, 2012 11:39:57 PM

manjit_10 said:
what do you mean my case is a bit short???? cause i dont wanna put any pressure on it and what kind of ram should i get with this mobo and case was looking to get 8gb ram and a fann i just need help with those 2

Nothing about your case, I was talking about Z77 Extreme 4, it(12"X8.6") is shorter than a (12"X9.6") standard ATX board on the horizontal side(width) but is cheaper while offering the same amount of features. Which means you won't be able to support it on the far side(i.e your 24 Pin ATX power connector & your Ram Slots) with the standard bolt &rubber stand.

For the details here:

After reading several pages worth of user feedback and looking at the measurements, it does appear as though the board is slightly narrower than standard ATX. I had a Gigabyte board that was the exact same thing and the only issue it really presented was that it allowed for some more flex on the end where the 24 pin power connector is.

As long as you support the board while plugging in the power connector, you won't have any issues. said:

After reading several pages worth of user feedback and looking at the measurements, it does appear as though the board is slightly narrower than standard ATX. I had a Gigabyte board that was the exact same thing and the only issue it really presented was that it allowed for some more flex on the end where the 24 pin power connector is.

As long as you support the board while plugging in the power connector, you won't have any issues.

or this link:
http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2264337
m
l
August 22, 2012 11:40:34 PM

so how would i make it fit better and not make it flex??? i would i be able to support it?
m
l
August 22, 2012 11:51:46 PM

manjit_10 said:
so how would i make it fit better and not make it flex??? i would i be able to support it?

Just read the whole link, it is only a issue if you are not careful during installation, once that's done you are golden. You can always just install the ATX connector and the Ram on your Mobo's package box then bolt the whole thing in which will make the "flex" a non issue for the remainder of your lifetime. This is a issue for most if not all of the <$160 division ATX motherboards yet you don't seen tons of posts about it.

Actually if you serach "flex" on this forum you will find all the post was made by me.

Worst comes to Worst, Spend another $50 for a Full Size ATX with exactly the same features just so you don't have to worry about it.
m
l
August 22, 2012 11:58:16 PM

but wouldnt i have to bolt it in where the things pop out :/  if you know what i mean or make seperate bolts sorry kind of nervous this is gonna be my first build and any other mobos you suggest than?? bcz if i switcth mobos im gonna have to switch everything else like cpu and *** no?
m
l
August 23, 2012 12:12:58 AM

manjit_10 said:
but wouldnt i have to bolt it in where the things pop out :/  if you know what i mean or make seperate bolts sorry kind of nervous this is gonna be my first build and any other mobos you suggest than?? bcz if i switcth mobos im gonna have to switch everything else like cpu and *** no?

If that is really bothering you(which it shouldn't since I am doing my first build with the same board), spend the extra cash for another Z77 board(and no you don't have to switch anything as long as you are still using a Z77 board) and make sure it is full size(12"X9.6") if you are into it.

You can easily mitigate this issue by putting a few fingers underneath the board while pulling in Ram and the 24 pin ATX connector, but if you rather spend an extra $50 than using your finger for 10 seconds feel free to do so, it is not my money. It is not a issue for the thousands of ASRock Extreme 4 users world wide, if you think it is a issue for you either be careful or spend more than you need to.
m
l
August 23, 2012 12:21:24 AM

ohhh okay so just 1 last question so basically 1 side of the board will not be bolted on??? but the other half will right and ill just put everything on before putting the mobo in
m
l
September 17, 2012 10:58:35 PM

sherlockwing said:
Anyone of the Big 3 air cooler: Silver Arrow, Noctua NH-D14 and the Phantek PH-TC14PE should be plenty to cool you 3770K.

If you are obsessed with tall Ram and despise low profile Ram then your option would be liquid coolers like H80/H100.

XSPC 240 kit outperforms H80/100 hand down allows for superior overclocking if you wish
m
l
September 17, 2012 11:30:44 PM

ugod987 said:
XSPC 240 kit outperforms H80/100 hand down allows for superior overclocking if you wish

And a ton more work/$$ to build/install(need a lot of planning/modding to fit those 240 mm thick rads and push/pull gentle typhoons), only for the hardcore Rigtweaker/OCers. I do agree H80/H100 mostly ties with top end air like PH-TC14PE or NH-D14 and is no match for custom loop, only suggested in case the OP really want tall Ram and want pre-built solutions.
m
l
!